… feeding the google spiders
Before I start I would like to make the following statement:

Quote:“This deals with SEO, and anyone who has dedicated any amount of time in studying SEO techniques realizes that whenever Google changes their algorithms the game starts all over again. Considering the fact that Google’s algorithm changes are so frequent they are given names (kind of like hurricanes:eek: ). So, this means that all your time, work and study may be wiped out in one the algorithm change.”

On a positive note these are the primary factors that determine how many pages and how deep into your website those Google spiders will crawl:

1. 1. How many high PR links do you have pointing to your site? This means a PR4 and/or higher and the IPs should not be on the same C block.
  2. 2. What are your own sites PR levels?
  3. 3. How frequently you update or create fresh content on your site?
Even though the game is always changing with SEO the basics of maintaining a page rank will always come back to regularly updated, quality content. If you can attract and keep a good-sized user base then your site won't get hit as hard by Google changes.
RFL1986 Wrote:Even though the game is always changing with SEO the basics of maintaining a page rank will always come back to regularly updated, quality content. If you can attract and keep a good-sized user base then your site won't get hit as hard by Google changes.

I'm relatively new to this, but I agree with that because that's what I've heard time and again.

When the phrase "build it and they will come" was coined, it was a fairly basic concept I guess. Wink
RFL1986 Wrote:Even though the game is always changing with SEO the basics of maintaining a page rank will always come back to regularly updated, quality content. If you can attract and keep a good-sized user base then your site won't get hit as hard by Google changes.

If you can find a way to divorce yourself from reliance on Google, or at least altering your approach so that Google's activities are lower on your list of considerations, you might find that your traffic improves because you target, and actually attract, a specific audience, and not the search engine.
Sure, there are many ways to get traffic, but I was really referring to FREE traffic.

So, if you add good quality content that is always a safe bet. The only problem is that it's very time consuming and as the saying goes, 'time is money' so there's always a trade off

I had a couple of sites that got sandboxed by google and they still made money. It took over a year to get indexed again with google. Although you can still get by being divorced from google I find it is best have them working for you.

It also depends alot on how you are making money, like for example, if you are using YPN then msn and yahoo will make you money even without google

or if you are selling software then you can buy your traffic, use the search engines or have affiliates market for you.
It all depends on the type of site. I get less than 5% of my traffic from Google and less than 10% from search engines. Direct links can be very profitable.
Right. And don't forget that more frequent updates does impact how frequently you are spidered by Google as well.
It's probably best, like many have said above, not too rely too heavily on anything Google related and go for quality over anything quick or scam-based. It can pay off to be clever but in the end substantial content and quality work will always result in the steadiest user base and revenue sources.
Biz Wrote:Sure, there are many ways to get traffic, but I was really referring to FREE traffic.

So, if you add good quality content that is always a safe bet. The only problem is that it's very time consuming and as the saying goes, 'time is money' so there's always a trade off

I had a couple of sites that got sandboxed by google and they still made money. It took over a year to get indexed again with google. Although you can still get by being divorced from google I find it is best have them working for you.

It also depends alot on how you are making money, like for example, if you are using YPN then msn and yahoo will make you money even without google

or if you are selling software then you can buy your traffic, use the search engines or have affiliates market for you.

How free is traffic that you have to spend so much time altering your approach for? If time is money, then there are quite a few site owners and designers that are losing money trying to keep up with Google, IMHO!

LOL
Very true. If you're constantly racing to get 'free money' from Google then you're really defeating yourself because trying to keep up with them and play a tricky game with search engines is very time consuming and research intensive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Partner is in need ... Lobster 0 3,420 01-30-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Lobster
  Google Ads Vanio 4 495 10-14-2022, 04:34 PM
Last Post: JissyKarter
  Google Ads from a decent company Upiter 4 820 08-09-2022, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Lobster
  What do you think of google customizing your search history? shakemelikeapig 2 5,031 06-29-2022, 06:26 PM
Last Post: snisdift
  Premium Google Partner Vanio 5 813 06-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Vanio
  Google Ads Vanio 4 812 03-03-2022, 07:42 PM
Last Post: JissyKarter
  What is Google Quality Score? tourexplo 6 2,899 11-20-2018, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Rachana006
  Which services are from Google? tourexplo 3 2,219 05-22-2018, 05:34 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  How to set goals in google analytics? michaeltim 4 2,178 04-27-2018, 06:49 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  what is google ad API? sonyrobin 2 1,820 04-23-2018, 11:37 AM