$68 or best offer! = Domain, established site - Shopshot.com - & more!
This post is to sell the domain “Shopshot.com” to any interested party. A year was spent developing a fork of OScommerce to run the “Thai Shop” that was previously located at http://www.shopshot.com/thaishop/. The shop did quite well with many sales of merchandise ranging from Thai handicrafts, textiles, household wares, and other products from Thailand. My ex-wife and I managed this site until our divorce in 2005. Our Little Thai Shop was promoted heavily by word-of-mouth, Google AdWords, SEO, and link exchanges.

In 2005, the site was transformed from an e-commerce site to a shopping community. There were more than 300 users at one point discussing about buying things. In 2005 alone I put over 500 hours of SEO work into Shopshot.com.

It was difficult finding a rare gem of a domain name like Shopshot.com in 2004. I spent hours trying every combination of “shop”, “store”, “shopping”, and many more real shopping related words that I thought of trying. Shopshot.com was by far the best domain name and I managed to register it before anyone else could. I like how the domain name could be used to promote anything about shopping or shops.

Shopshot.com can be read in two different ways, E.G: “Shop Shot” or “Shops Hot”. This domain name is short, catchy, it rhymes, and it’s also easy to remember. At first I envisioned an online shopping mall for this domain, but then the web site was transformed into a shopping community. In 2005, there was a links directory of only shopping / e-commerce related web sites located at Index of /. Some days there were up to 50 links submitted. There was also forum in the past that had more than 300 users registered most of whom were active.

As you can see when you visit you site most of the links are now broken or don’t work.

The site began to deteriorate in 2005 after I went to north Sumatra in Indonesia to help volunteer with an NGO after the Asian tsunami that killed more than 300,000 people. While overseas I needed to switch from one web host to another because my contract was expiring with the first one. It was difficult to move a smooth transition from one host to another because the Internet connection was so very slow in Indonesia. To this day I still haven’t put everything back in working order.

I can include the entire site “as is” to the buyer.

Leapfish.org lists the estimated domain name value for Shopshot.com at $2, 600.00. However, I do think this domain appraisal regarding the value of this domain is most definitely overstated. I have shopshot.com listed through Sedo.com for a much more sane, fair, and reasonable price.

I actually lose 10% of the selling price when I sell through Sedo.com. The reason I like to sell domains through Sedo.com is basically just to give confidence both to myself and the buyer. Sedo.com acts as a third party Escrow service to ensure the transfer of the domain and transfer of payment goes smoothly. Therefore, you can rest assured that it would be impossible to be cheated by buying this domain name.

Shopshot.com currently uses the registrar Godaddy.com. The domain is just parked with Sedo.com. Sale of this domain includes a free push to your GoDaddy.com account. First I transfer the domain to Sedo.com’s Godaddy.com account then after payment is received then Sedo.com transfer the domain to the buyer.

To purchase Shopshot.com:
Step 1) Point your browser to Shop Shot! - Your Basket of Online Shopping Info
Step 2) Click on “project info” at the top of the page in the Sedo.com box.
Step 3) Buyer should agree with the asking price or if you think the price is too high then you can counter with a different offer.

To contact me directly:

E-mail / Gtalk: loveacrossborders ((at)) gmail ((dot)) com
MSN Messenger: loveacrossborders ((at)) hotmail ((dot)) com
Yahoo Messenger: loveacrossborders
AIM: applesbliss
Web Site: Love Across Borders | Share - Artists, Community, Forums, and Galleries!
Other Contacts: Send a private message.
What alot of info, I am going to check it out, Echos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ekahau Site Survey v8.6.1 dvdget3 0 450 05-05-2020, 08:54 PM
Last Post: dvdget3
  Ekahau Site Survey v8.6.1 dvdget3 0 472 04-25-2020, 09:02 PM
  Ekahau Site Survey v8.6.1 dvdget3 0 477 04-01-2020, 10:20 PM
  Ekahau Site Survey v8.6.1 dvdget3 0 442 03-18-2020, 12:28 PM