A thought about spam
I was just reading the Domain Social rules again. I haven't told you before I really appreciate that so much humour was put into them and that it wasn't written like some of the FAQs and Rule lists that you read elsewhere. I especially appreciated your rule about SPAM. Flamed, toasted and burned: ouch! This may be just the place for me to write my one question about SPAM which I have never been brave enough to ask anywhere else? If people are going to SPAM you...couldn't they at least offer you a choice of breads, cheeses and mustards?
Hey Domaineer

I just found this post on a yahoo search result. Sorry I didn't reply earlier!

I appreciate your appreciation of the rules Smile I would personally prefer the breads, cheeses and mustard without the SPAM.

on a more serious note, it turns out that spam bots cant read.. so we are implementing automatic checks to eliminate spam and take the load off myself and the moderators.

Zach
Hey good idea....and I didn't know spambots couldn't read! All this time I thought they were reading keywords!
Frankly I have this feeling we are going to have to put up with Spam no matter what we do. As long as there are idiots who insist on perpetuating it, it will exist.
Spam is like security in general. You make a better look and they make a better lock picker.
It is always a game of one upmanship. It's hard to get ahead if you don't know what to expect.
Sadly we will never get rid of spam completely.