Amazon Associates
The entire duration of the Cup, there were ads for tickets and those got a lot of clicks because I think people were surprised there might be any available. The other one was direct to FIFA which also did pretty well.
I haven't been on any sport sites yet. Soccer is a good one, so is football.
Sports sites are good especially during a huge event. The World Cup was great because there was such a lead up to it, and it lasted for so long.
I love working with Amazon, because you really do have access to something about everything. I use the books mostly, choosing specific titles related to other info and products on my sites. I think it's a really classy look on your site.
I have made a modest amount of money from Amazon.com and a similar site. The key is making sure your links are specific to your content.

If I'm blogging about a movie that I found helpful, I link to it through my Amazon.com affiliate link.

When I list the books I'm currently reading, I link to them.

I'm reaching to the back of my memory ... over a year ago ... an online acquaintance created a landing page for "red kitchen appliances" and linked to all the red appliances available at amazon.com She had surprisingly good results with Google.

Aha! I found it! She made this page just to see what it would do and behold! she is still on the first page of results through Google.

The Google search string
Her landing page

Notice that her landing page is part of her larger website and not a domain all it's own. The "rules" say that she should have dropped from Google's high page ranks by now, but it hasn't!
Vickie, I'm not following your comment about the friend who uses Amazon affiliates in relation to his ebook. What is he doing, exactly?
Ceruleah Wrote:Aha! I found it! She made this page just to see what it would do and behold! she is still on the first page of results through Google.

The Google search string
Her landing page

Notice that her landing page is part of her larger website and not a domain all it's own. The "rules" say that she should have dropped from Google's high page ranks by now, but it hasn't!

Funny idea for a site, I like it! Big Grin It is sites like that which get linked to by others.

I don't see her results on the first page of google though.
wow, her site is so awesome.

i'm gonna blog about it and throw traffic at her.....!

Smile
pagerank is independent on the size of your domain.

it's ranked by backlinks.

you can use the backlink checker at places like iwebtool.com to check it.

i suspect it's quite high.
i've already bookmarked it and am going to blog abt it.
so more backlink and traffic to her!

Ceruleah Wrote:Notice that her landing page is part of her larger website and not a domain all it's own. The "rules" say that she should have dropped from Google's high page ranks by now, but it hasn't!
I have issues working with Amazon because their policies toward publishers are horrible! It's common for small publishers to actually lose money on each Amazon sale, but they need to put their books there because that's the first place people are going now for reviews and book information.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is anyone an Amazon.com affiliate? berlinlife06 28 14,076 06-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Concord
  Amazon.com affiliates. berlinlife06 16 10,032 06-16-2007, 01:46 AM
Last Post: aquariancore
  2007 Amazon Affiliate Payouts zach 8 5,723 04-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Last Post: aquariancore