Amazon.com affiliates.
I've been reading a lot in other forums about becoming an Amazon affiliate. The problem is that I've heard good and I've heard very bad. People complaining but a lot of people saying they love it. What's you opinion on this one? Is anyone an Amazon Affiliate? I heard you don't get paid unless there is an actual sale from your link. Is that true?
I've been one for years and to date I have not had a single problem with it nor do I have a single complaint to share. They have been by far the best company to be affiliated with.
It depends on your traffic I guess. I was among the first affliates years ago but left when after a year I made 0
aquariancore Wrote:It depends on your traffic I guess. I was among the first affliates years ago but left when after a year I made 0

So I guess you didn't make any sales then... Or nobody click on the link? I'm gaining traffic with my little blog! It is exciting to see everyday more people going in. I might just get it as a website and try to make money with that one. We'll see!
My website and my blog generate plenty of traffic and the best part is many people use me as their gateway to shop Amazon.
ACCER Wrote:My website and my blog generate plenty of traffic and the best part is many people use me as their gateway to shop Amazon.

So, do you get paid for that? Or you get paid if they buy something at Amazon? That's what I don't understand! I thought you could put links to specific stuff that you are recommending in your website, for example, some CD or a book, and that will be linked to Amazon to buy it directly. But if what you have is a gateway to Amazon.com, does that pay too? I'm just curious about those things, because I'm thinking about joining.
You get paid if they buy anything.
If they get to Amazon through your link and buy something, you get paid for that. You can also put up specific items, but I mostly recommend something and they can click to read a review.....then while they are there if they buy something.....I get paid!
So I can put a "gate" to Amazon and then ask my friends to get into Amazon through my link and buy whatever they are going to buy anyway... that way at least I know I'll get some money! Right???
That's how it works. In another forum someone boasted that if it wasn't for her friends using the site to get into Amazon she'd have no traffic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online shop affiliates Shortie861 1 2,631 03-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Misti
  Most you have earned with affiliates? Shortie861 3 3,272 03-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Misti
  Is anyone an Amazon.com affiliate? berlinlife06 28 14,071 06-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Concord
  2007 Amazon Affiliate Payouts zach 8 5,721 04-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Last Post: aquariancore
  Is it a good idea to join multiple affiliates aquariancore 2 4,013 03-29-2007, 01:05 AM
Last Post: aquariancore
  Amazon Associates angelbabyw2pointoh 27 14,175 11-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Ladybecklyn