Anyone tried Yahoo Domains?
zach Wrote:Wow I am suprised! Yahoo certainly has the resources (ie. money) to create proper support. If I were to choose Yahoo for my domains, I would probably only do this for their support. I mean, I have always had a terrible support experience with GoDaddy, but now that you mention your experiences, I am starting to reconsider.

Fancy not being able to input IPs! That removes a lot of nameservers! Is your experience with yahoo recent?

That has been my understanding with Yahoo! domains on a lot of issues. Some features that should be automated are not automated, unfortunately.
Ok...Add Yahoo to my no-no list.

Seems my "NO" list is 10 times longer than my "YES" list. I'm not fussy: I want as close to 100% uptime and someone with an answer to the question of "How long will it be down" if I call. If decent customer support really that much to ask for these days?
I heard that Yahoo even though is cheap, its a nightmare to get out of them or transfer it. I don't have the experience first hand, but that's what I've heard, and now Accer is kinda confirming things I've heard.
llegent Wrote:I actually have 1 .com domain regstered using Yahoo service. Agreed that their price is pretty cheap if compare to others especially godaddy.com

Thus, I straight away registered the domain for 2years!Big Grin But I wonder how's the price gonna when it comes to renewal period?? Would they increase the price for renewal??

Comparitively, Yahoo domain service is not really as flexible as godaddy. I am not able to renew my domain anytime I wanted to, and the transfer procedure seems complicated!:eek:

I have used Godaddy for the last few years but might try Yahoo to see what it is like. You can always switch back if something doesn't work well!
Sage,
That's true. Unless they tie in the domain with their service, you can always fire them.

Over the years, I have fired many!
I bought a domain off eBay that was registered with yahoo.com. The seller gives me his sign-in ID and password to access my domain. I sign in and could change some of the info on the domain, but not the owner. I contacted yahoo, who said that they do not do a push to another person. I would have to close that account, and register the domain for another year. I contacted the person I bought the domain from and he said that he had a way to correct that. Still waiting to hear back...

Elisa
You need to file a complaint with ebay and paypal (if that's how you paid for it). If for no other reason than to protect yourself.
CFGDR Wrote:I bought a domain off eBay that was registered with yahoo.com. The seller gives me his sign-in ID and password to access my domain. I sign in and could change some of the info on the domain, but not the owner. I contacted yahoo, who said that they do not do a push to another person. I would have to close that account, and register the domain for another year. I contacted the person I bought the domain from and he said that he had a way to correct that. Still waiting to hear back...

Elisa

Ebay has in the last three months said there will be a crack down on auctioning domains and that if they can't clean it up they will eliminate it.
EBAY is great about removing things rather than trying to solve the problem. I suppose I can't blame them, it's easier to prohibit than to regulate.
ACCER Wrote:EBAY is great about removing things rather than trying to solve the problem. I suppose I can't blame them, it's easier to prohibit than to regulate.
Since they auction pretty much everything under the sun, I guess it is better to eliminate... there is so much in formation, and so ma ny people trying to make a buck out of an honest transaction...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spambot Email Domains May Be Banned Williamhawk 0 1,688 11-28-2017, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Best place to park domains? jsd 16 11,099 08-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Last Post: dimident
  Leading Domains Apprasals 123limelia 0 2,851 10-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Last Post: 123limelia
  Economical Domains - Registration SALE! - .com $8.50 .net $8.00 .org $8.50 DomainAuctionsScript 0 3,145 06-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Last Post: DomainAuctionsScript
  Best Registrar for .fr domains? zach 1 4,666 02-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Last Post: zach
  How soon can I transfer a newly purchase domain from yahoo? llegent 21 13,151 01-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Kaspian2012
  Sell Domains fourwings 9 7,942 01-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Last Post: webdevdomains
  register NEW domains for only $4! annerz 8 6,975 10-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Last Post: agrajtech11
  Cheapest Domains agent_orange 22 14,609 09-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Last Post: franklinn
  .Asia domains stewmath 5 7,132 03-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Last Post: luckypig