Appraisal Scam - Now this is funny!
Ok, I pasted all the emails.

My emails are in Blue
His emails are in Red
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[COLOR="Sienna"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Hello,

We are interested in ojq.com

It was listed in auction (your address was found via WHO IS). Please submit your price for consideration.

Our company is involved in software development/support business.

Now domain invetsing/reselling is just an additional direction of our investment strategy.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,
Andrew Hoover
President
Hoover Software[/COLOR][/COLOR]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[COLOR="Navy"]Andrew,

The best I can offer is $9,750.

Steve[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]There is some delay with my reply. Sorry, but our family was celebrating newborn child of my brother.

Now let's talk about the deal.

9,750 USD. Ok.

Do you sell domain with a web site or just name?

If just name it's ok. Web site is not necessary.

Have you had your domains appraised already? Can you show me your valuation certificates? As fas I know it's a common practice to show appraisal of domain name (even without traffic and web site) before doing business.

Without appraisal I risk to overpay. In other words I won't be able to make a profit on reselling this name. It's very important for you and me to know the current market value of your domains.

Of course, we must be sure that you are engaging an appraisal company with REAL manual service. I heard many appraisal companies often made inaccurate auto-generated appraisals. I will only accept appraisals from independent sources I trust. To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies in a forum
http://domaintalk.ourplace.com/Archive/864917.htm

Just check this posting.

If the appraisal comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. I also hope you can give me 10% - 15% discount of the appraised value.

After I get an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: http://www.escrow.com, http://www.PayPal.com check or wire?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]Hey,

I decided I am getting out of the domain biz. I have about 25 3 letter dot com names. I am giving them away becuase Ive already made millions in the biz and I dont need the money. Let me know if you want them.

Steve[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]This is a regular practice to provide buyers or resellers with professional
and independent valuation. Serious investors must be sure in your price.
Without it they risk to overpay.

Anyway, you won't be able to sell without professional appraisal.

Of course, serious investors cannot accept auto-generated services. They
need an accurate valuation made by humans not scripts.[/COLOR]
I am giving them away for free! If you want the names you can have them for free.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]You are the first who gives three letter names for free. I'm not stupid and have resent your letter to my lawyer. Now we have a binding agreement and you'll transfer your names for free. Of course, you think I'm not serious and will decline your offer. But you've made a mistake. I accept your offer.

If you try to cancel our agreement I will proceed with a lawsuit + I will post about your fraudulent offer on all sites. Nobody will do deals with joker.

So show me that you are serious and transfer your names for free![/COLOR]
You are an appraisal scammer.

I love toying with scammers lol. For the record I dont own that many lll.com lol and I havent made millions yet.

Steve
There is something very satisfying about playing a acammer on his own game!!! I did it with a guy from Nigeria who told me I inherited 11 million dollars from a long lost relative (that never existed)... And I knew. I played along and it was too funny! I think I kept all the emails somewhere. Good for you!
I have been to a few sites that show you how to mess with scammers and then post to the site what you did. They have some very funny stories on there. I will try to remember the name and post it later.

Starting to have some fun with buying domain, and I now own a few. I just wanted to say on a side note thanks to everyone on here for helping me get started.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  beware of scam from eliteinvestment.net byallnames 3 3,581 07-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Last Post: smarty231
  Domain name Appraisal urban 2 3,338 09-30-2008, 03:18 AM
Last Post: ddesigns
  appraisal DNSBroker 0 2,384 10-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Last Post: DNSBroker