Better Than ADSENSE
Taggart Wrote:I've heard of those "programs" that pay for clicking on ads.

Do they target Adsense sites, because that's specifically against Adsense's terms of operation, right?

Banner exchanges will warn people about possible Adsense conflicts as will manual traffic exchanges. PTR / PTC sites don't warn because there are no codes or ads rotating through your site, and very few people promote PTR/ PTC sites "in the open" or away from areas where the would draw the best response.
Clicking for money is usually a bad idea. I've never tried it but have heard nothing but horror stories from people on both ends of the deal. I wouldn't solicit or take up work doing something like that because it just reeks of a bad plan.
Unfortunately the general consensus about PPP seems to be right. I've had more than 1000 visits in the last 2 weeks, but still nothing has been earned. I've dropped them an email - & unless they come back with a good explanation soon, I'll certainly drop them from my sites. But must say, their back-office is the worst in terms of user-friendliness - they don't have any visible medium for resolving affiliate queries/problems... It seems like they still don't understand the value of publishers.
I have heard of it be fore but I can't understand how are the advertisers supposed to make money from letting us display their videos on our site. I heard that it isn't that good.
I have read this thread with interest and I am surprised there has been very little comment about how annoying Pay Per Play would be to people using a site, especially if they visited the site regularly. I would hate it and I am sure some visitors would be lost because of it.
Just earlier today I was trying to read the text on a site and found myself quite distracted by the video of a salesperson speaking.

I think that we're seeing some growing pains here, but I can imagine very short audio ads becoming somewhat accepted, but maybe not as they currently are from the company in question here.
Yes, just like Taggart said, you see the code as you are putting it in the page source, but it isn't visible to people visiting he website. Rather, they ad or movie is what you see. Taggart, I went to your blog to see if the ad was there, so I could get an idea of load time. There was no load, but I saw no video ad either.

Taggart Wrote:You can see the code as part of the source when you're editing, but it doesn't alter the visual appearance of the site, at least in my experience.

I don't think it affects the load time noticeably on my page, and I have yet to hear an audio ad, but I have heard the white noise when I tested it.
justontime Wrote:I have read this thread with interest and I am surprised there has been very little comment about how annoying Pay Per Play would be to people using a site, especially if they visited the site regularly. I would hate it and I am sure some visitors would be lost because of it.

Just on time: I agree. I am always suprised people make money of ads at all, because if I accidenly load a site or a blog with many ads I usually move on quickly. To me it makes a site look unprofessional and spammy. I do have adsense on my blog, but I put them at the bottom and make very little from them.

I guess it's always a balance between earning cash and keeping your site legitimate looking.
mom2manyboyz Wrote:Taggart, I went to your blog to see if the ad was there, so I could get an idea of load time. There was no load, but I saw no video ad either.

I removed the code a week or so ago.

Actually it was just for audio and I never heard any ads at my page, but I did hear the white noise when I ran the test.
sounds good! thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chikita, Adsense or Yahoo? echos 20 10,758 03-02-2018, 05:59 AM
Last Post: MattHogan
  Adsense success penguinmama 4 4,588 11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Last Post: johnhood5678
  Google Adsense angelbabyw2pointoh 17 11,329 11-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Last Post: johnhood5678
  Adsense Question Taggart 16 10,057 02-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Biz
  Just starting up with adsense aquariancore 29 13,317 08-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Ardoris
  Better than AdSense RedMatrix 26 13,362 04-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Last Post: aquariancore
  Adsense cancel their account! berlinlife06 12 8,302 02-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Last Post: david47
  Can show both Adsense and AdBrite on same site? zach 7 5,689 11-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Ladybecklyn
  Adsense Revenue Sharing.. Against TOS? zach 12 8,400 09-14-2006, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Gurpartap