Blogger Hosting
I've never had any trouble with Blogger either. It was the first host that I used and having no experience with blogs I was able to set up, personalize and even do a bit of light coding without too much trouble.
SageMother Wrote:A search engine will see the "wordpress" or "blogspot'" in your subdomain url. These are both established domain names and are already recognized by spiders. You get to "draft" off the trail of that recognition.

Since your blog is personal, your need for easy recognition doesn't appear to be that of someone selling ad space or hawking their wares. Proceed as you see fit!

Big Grin

Okay, but I said in my original post that I'm on my own domain. I purchased my own .com, so it doesn't show as .blogspot, etc. However, I'm using the Blogger platform through and using their free hosting service they have....but it 'is' on my own domain.
Kitten Wrote:I have a personal blog that I don't want to fiddle with paying a ton of money on, but I do have it on its own domain. I've been using Blogger's free hosting so I can keep using the platform, but does it really make any difference in terms of marketing as long as its on my own domain?

Do you mean marketing your blog, or are you talking about your freedom to have advertising on your blog. As far as I am aware the set up arrangements you describe would make no difference to the advertising you can have on your blog.
Mainly marketing my blog, any sort of hindrances I'd run into with search engines reading it, etc. I'm not concerned about advertising, but I don't want my site to be ignored just because it's not hosted elsewhere.
Kitten Wrote:Mainly marketing my blog, any sort of hindrances I'd run into with search engines reading it, etc. I'm not concerned about advertising, but I don't want my site to be ignored just because it's not hosted elsewhere.

I don't think it will make much difference. I use the Blogger free hosting and I get quite a few visits from blogger search. I also monitor it so that I can see the entry and exit pages of visitors. A number come in through search engines (mostly google) so obviously the search engines don't have a problem with it. I have noticed that people search for the oddest things!
I've been using Blogger for more than a year now, and even though it is personal, I have some Google Ads on it. So far it has been pretty good, so I am an advocate for personal blogs to take advantage of the free hosting.
I think that you're still going to be able to take advantage of people searching through Blogger but it's a good idea as well to submit your blog to some directories and carnivals if you're concerned about losing traffic with a .Com.
any host and wordpress instaled ... that is Smile
thank you for that thread
I like wordpress.com.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Wordpress hosting plans are needed Bileator 3 49 Yesterday, 08:37 PM
Last Post: JissyKarter
  Decent server hosting perovider ... what's that? Vanio 5 119 04-16-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Glaceptra
  Powerful server hosting account required Bileator 3 52 04-16-2024, 08:42 AM
  Hosting for openCart commerce-based online shop? Glaceptra 6 114 04-12-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: swisslayer
  Need a new vps hosting Bileator 6 153 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Lobster
  Media Hosting with 24/7 support? Bileator 7 164 04-05-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Lougalvi
  Wordpress Hosting? Bileator 7 182 04-04-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Lougalvi
  Video hosting solutions? Lougalvi 8 176 04-03-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: mazepa
  Video Site Hosting? MatterEnergy 5 76 03-20-2024, 09:58 AM
  Cheap hosting solution? (requirements inside) Glaceptra 7 114 03-18-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Upiter