Celebrity Name DOmain??
Just wondering if anyone has tried to reap some returns in speculating celebrity name domains?? How has it been? Well, from time to time, I could see that such celebrities related domains being registered not by the celebrity themselves, but more often by some domainers.Rolleyes So how has it been??:p
I have a few celeb domains. They make the top 100 search list every month and I get some traffic from them and a few clicks. Nothing really interesting, in my opinion, unless you develop them.
Yeah they do much better for development. They are also good ones to sell. The market is always moving as new celebs come on the scene. One thing to do is to get out in front of the game and look for actors who are young and maybe have small parts but with some potential. They all won't pan out, but the ones that do could make it worthwhile.
I started thinking about the idea of speculating, and then wondered when someone snagged taylorhicks.com and stuff like that. Pretty fun way to day dream!
I used a rock band name once. It was awsome!!! I got tons of hits. But they pretty much stop coming once they find out that your not really that celebrity! lol But it was fun while it lasted at got rid of it after a while. But I still say it was cool!!
Speaking of celebrities, do you think some of the celebrity fan sites are sheer money making fronts. I get the distinct impression from some of them that the owner couldn't care less about the particular celeb but the hits. It's work, but if you've had a site a bout Tom Cruise, you're probably raking it in too LOL.
A site about Tom Cruise must be profitable but I wonder why they started it. Maybe they are just looking for a lot of traffic on the site. Anything connected to certain celebrities will get attention that's for sure!
yep, develop the site, place a few ppc ads on it, so a bit of SEO and submit it to search engines, and you should have a nice bit of income Smile Not only that, but a few people get obsessed over celebreities.

If I were you, i would get a list of the most popular search engines and grab the celeb names that appear in it. Even if its not a great domain, if you develop it, you could get some traffic and a good bit of revenue.
Good idea Zach ...I think I'll stick with political figures though. The shelf life might be shorter, but during Presidential election years, the traffic would be awesome!
Yes the Presidential election is coming up and the list of participants is always growing. Some people like former President Clinton still gets lots of public attention when he shows up somewhere. So his name would be effective for sure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DSM 6.0.1-7393 Update 1 and Domain Problem Problems JesseVoss 1 2,432 03-11-2019, 06:50 AM
Last Post: eddie007
  How to change domain name in vBulletin 5.2.4? Rayancaleb 0 1,833 04-11-2018, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  dns server does not recognize a domain name Rayancaleb 0 1,634 04-11-2018, 07:50 AM
  WHM/Domain name problems? Rayancaleb 0 1,677 03-29-2018, 12:06 PM
  Mail Bounces: "DNS Error: Domain name not found" Rayancaleb 0 1,802 03-29-2018, 12:06 PM
  Poker related domain name? llegent 21 12,361 01-06-2018, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Sobhana123
  Join SBS 2011 Server as Domain Member Williamhawk 0 1,756 12-23-2017, 05:06 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  "Deny Apply Policy" for Domain Admin not working Williamhawk 0 1,770 12-20-2017, 05:19 AM
  What's your favorite domain registrar? Williamhawk 0 1,753 12-11-2017, 05:20 AM
  Domain Name Appraisal... Williamhawk 0 1,769 12-06-2017, 05:21 AM