Chinese Domain Name - A key to your corporation promotion success!
Interesting article I assume this would be desirable for those sites that deal in non tangibles, like ebooks and programs, as selling tangible goods might need more than just setting up the domain name.
I find it interesting there are several posts about this popping up in this forum.
aquariancore Wrote:I find it interesting there are several posts about this popping up in this forum.

It would be nice for whoever the poster is, to indicate if they are actually selling the domains themselves. I question the use of "foreign" domain names because it seems that you start getting into some legal issues peculiar to the internet and your content. Remember, China insisted that Google give up search and usages records to sift through users who might be having discussions contrary to that government's information restrictions.
So you're saying that China domains are restrictive in general. It would seem that legal issues may be involved. As the country China goes, so the domains go in the same direction.
Grace Wrote:So you're saying that China domains are restrictive in general. It would seem that legal issues may be involved. As the country China goes, so the domains go in the same direction.

It's probably true of many countries where information is controlled. I just don't see the value of having to check each country's regulations when it comes to internet activities. To be truly safe, one would need to do some fairly extensive research to avoid problems.

I just don't think it's worth the effort.
I'm with sagemother on this one. If you know chinese, then it might be worth it, but otherwise, I think it is a big risk. And China does control the information people get over the net.
On the surface of diplomacy, China appears on the cutting edge. But, in everyday business dealings with the Chinese it's another matter. This is true in a country where the information is controlled.
where can I buy a chinese character domains?

Thank you,

Noel
http://www.SilverSterling.net
This looks very feasible. Send me an email and I will consider further info.
Sorry for being a noob but can somebody explain to me about these Chinese domains? I am really lost. lolz Smile Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changing company name - how best to handle the domain name or exchange emails change? JesseVoss 0 1,725 05-19-2018, 10:03 AM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Before You Register That New Domain JesseVoss 0 1,679 05-10-2018, 06:50 AM
  What is the best way to sell a domain name? JesseVoss 0 1,557 05-10-2018, 06:48 AM
  Domain growth in India Williamhawk 1 2,104 02-26-2018, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Laxmi123
  Buying domain names from hosting co. vs domain co. Williamhawk 0 1,866 11-23-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  Domain Registrar_HostingORA. Weezy 1 2,631 04-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Hostingsafety
  Best Domain Hosting and Registation? Ladybecklyn 18 14,038 09-27-2016, 08:32 AM
Last Post: vron12
  Have you ever purchased a domain to sell on? Shortie861 4 4,300 03-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Misti
  Non popular domain companies to recommend Shortie861 1 2,656 03-09-2016, 01:59 PM
  Domain expiry Shortie861 2 3,195 03-09-2016, 01:58 PM