Closing an adwords account
Hi

I was wonderng whether it is possible to close an adwords account. Right now I have just paused all of my adwords campaignes, but I really just want to delete the ads, get my credit card information off their server, and close the account.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Zach
Hmm.. that is a good question. Not sure if there is a way to do it or not. Have you tried contacting their support and telling them you want the account totally closed down and all credit card and personal information removed?
You certainly can, you'll need to email Google directly to cancel your AdWords account.

Here's the link to the How to close my account? page:
https://adwords.google.com/support/bin/a...topic=7033
Hmm...although they do explain how to do it, I wonder why they did not build a proper more thorough form...
Slashmire Wrote:Hmm...although they do explain how to do it, I wonder why they did not build a proper more thorough form...

I dunno, the instructions seem pretty straight forward to me. I imagine it's cheaper to have one contact form that covers everything rather than a bunch of specialized forms.
zach Wrote:Hi

I was wonderng whether it is possible to close an adwords account. Right now I have just paused all of my adwords campaignes, but I really just want to delete the ads, get my credit card information off their server, and close the account.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Zach

Actually if you don't log into your account for many days, it automatically gets deactivated. However, of course this is not the same as closing the account though.
Nice question.
I was also thinking about it.
Generally it should be possible like others.
But i dont have adword account so dont know much.
I guess this is useful, the link, for finding out how to close the account. Zach, are you planning on using another ad generator or are you just getting out of hte add thing...just curiousl

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone here happy with adwords? zach 18 15,322 06-29-2022, 08:08 PM
Last Post: snisdift
  Flaw in Adwords can put you out of business aquariancore 21 12,705 01-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Last Post: digdiscount
  Adwords Arbitrage zach 6 5,652 03-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Last Post: mikestenger
  Adwords I threw myself under the bus aquariancore 14 9,147 05-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Last Post: berlinlife06
  Adwords vs. YPN: Which is Better eria 10 7,415 04-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Last Post: aquariancore
  Is Adwords quality score of adgroups affected by campaign CTR zach 0 2,891 02-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Last Post: zach
  Adsense cancel their account! berlinlife06 12 8,302 02-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Last Post: david47
  How to Survive the Google AdWords Update of July 2006 andreww38 6 5,080 09-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Last Post: sunnybeachcal