Diet Soft Drinks
Have you heard the news story that says diet soft drinks cause your stomach to absorb more sugar from other foods?

I don't drink them very much, and this information doesn't make me want to go out and stock my fridge with them.
oh man sucks, I only ever drink diet. Its not for the weight thing, I just don't like the idea of having sugar eating away at my teeth.

Have you seen the site http://www.killercoke.org (I think thats right). Apparently coke assasinated union leaders in columbia.

Zach
Well, I got one e-mail saying that the "aspartame" contained in diet drinks triggers cancer... so, I rather drink the ones with sugar and brush my teeth more frecuently. In any case, I prefer the regular drinks. If I'm in a diet, I rather drink just water than any diet drink.
Actually the studies show that aspartame is more likely to damage the enamel of your teeth than sugar. Sugar doesn't "eat away" at you teeth unless you never brush them...
I forget who told me this, and it may be just one of those stories but I heard that when someone's cremated it's more difficult if the person drank a lot of diet soft drinks.

Apparently the bones don't burn very well in that case. I know, it sounds like a Stephen King setup. :eek:
I never drink diet soda because I usually have Gingerale to drink. I don't like the aspertaine in them, either. I have coffee in the morning, then I have water all day long. On Tuesday and Sundays, I have a Gingerale with my dinner.
you guys are so healthy its amazing.

I'll try to only drink water and orange juice from now on. Until they figure out that water and orange juice are bad for you.
Zach,
I drink water but I am a tried and true Coke addict. If I let myself, I'd drink 10 gallons a day and weight 500 lbs. I try to limit my daily consumption.
Taggart Wrote:I forget who told me this, and it may be just one of those stories but I heard that when someone's cremated it's more difficult if the person drank a lot of diet soft drinks.

Apparently the bones don't burn very well in that case. I know, it sounds like a Stephen King setup. :eek:

OK, that is a lie. According to the regulations for cremation, the body has to be in the crematory for 2 hours, which is the time where all the "meat" gets burned. The bones, do not get burned then, at least most of them do not get burned, only the very small ones. Then, they take the tray where the bones and ashes are left, put them underneath a magnet to take out any kind of metal that might me there, and then put the bones through some kind of giant blender. And those are the ashes that the family collects after cremation. I saw it on a documentary here in Germany... so, the diet soda might kill you, but do you really care after you are dead??
Personally, I don't care what happens to my corpse. But I do know people who are really concerned about it.