Does the size matter in a name?
I am not sure if it is helpful to have a shorter domain name or longer name? Does it make a difference when it comes to return traffic to your domain?
I think it would depend on what you are doing or what you try to sell. @ examples come to mind and I don't know if they really exist. But there was a store in new york, called: Nobody beats the whiz. They went out of business years ago, but I guess a good domain would've been: nobodybeatsthewhiz.com even tough is very long, I think their website was actually thewhiz.com
Also the "I can't believe is not butter" product, could have a domain using those words, and people looking for it would probably find it.
So, depending on what you want to, the long name might be helpful or not. Then again, I am not really an expert, but an internet user!
Thunder Wrote:I am not sure if it is helpful to have a shorter domain name or longer name? Does it make a difference when it comes to return traffic to your domain?

Yes it does make a difference most of the time becuase shorter names usually are easyer to remember, but not always. For example, TwinTowers.com is easyer to remember than GRQP.com. The user will bookmark sites yes but not all users, many users rely on memory, so a good memorable domain is preferable.
Yeah it has to be something someone can easily remember. I think longer names are okay as long as they are very relevant to your web site. I know someone who is building a t-shirt website and calling it kitten kangeroo, that doesn't make sense to me, but hey, you never know, look at the word Google. Big Grin
normally the domains are registered with trademarks or product names instead of company names because they are smaller than company names and easy to remember