Doing only one but not the other?
Can someone tell me: Are there actually companies that register domain names but don't provide hosting? The reason I am confused is because I have actually registered a name with ntkdomainhosting.com and I bought their hosting package, advertised right on their front page. I went to the control panel, and it doesn't seem to show me at all how to upload my site. I'm really confused. I've written them for help and got no answer back. Anyone ever used them and successfully hosted a site?
In my little experience, I have to say that this is the first time I ever even heard of that company. Not that I know too much, again, because I've been focused on other things up to now. I know some just sell the domain and for some reason it is better to buy the domain somewhere else from where you are hosting. I hope someone with experience can tell you for sure.
I think almost companies have webhosting service with domain registration . I just cant remember one which only have domain registration service.
Most domain registrarrs are giving you the domain without hosting. If you get a domain from companies that proide hosting you will pay a higher price.

for instance at Godaddy.com you get a name registered for $6.95 to about $9.95, depending on if you have a coupon or they run a special. At Register.com the price for a domain is about $29.95 a year and you get a basic one page web site. At Godaddy for the reg fee you get a free page, but you are limited with what you can do with it.

What I do is pay for the registration and have most of my domains at a prking provider. The parking provider puts my page up with links, so I don't need to pay for a web site.

But the few domains that I want a site I pay the fee for a 3-5 page site thru either Register.com or Godaddy.com or sometimes a different registrar.
Domaineer

Your link dosen't resolve in my webbrowser. Presumably you are talking about
http://domains.ntkhosting.com

It seems that NTK (which is a company that I have never heard of upto reading your post) offers hosting and/or domains, depending on the package which you purchased.

Perhaps you could be more specific as to which package you selected? We can do a better job helping you out then.

Thanks

Zach