"E-Fencing"
A special on cnbc is giving the term "efencing" to the illegal auctions taking place on ebay..It was stating that ebay has become a common meeting place for a new breed of criminals..Has anyone else saw this on tv?
Didn't but yes this is some what true, because I feel some people wana cheap me on ebay when I list something there or wana purchase something
I haven't seen it since I am not in USA, b ut it is something I totally believe it happens! I was reading the other day about someone that put a picture of 2 cell phones and then somone bought thinking it was the phones and only got the picture for $400!! it was in Judge Judy, I think... I am very skeptical with eBay!
LOL, a picture of a phone. That's hillarious! (sad, yes)
I ordered a printer on ebay.and I did worse then a pictue..I never got the productSad
I did not see this. This is interesting. I am sure this happens but it has never happened to me. I only purchase from those who have good standing at ebay and I make sure I check their feedback before purchase. If the description does not give me sufficient information I find something better. I can understand that some people don't do as much as I do when shopping on ebay. It is very important to be cautious.
Yes, I agree with LadyBecks. YOu should always do your homework by checking their reputations. See how many negatives they've gotten in the past week, month & year.
berlinlife06 Wrote:I haven't seen it since I am not in USA, b ut it is something I totally believe it happens! I was reading the other day about someone that put a picture of 2 cell phones and then somone bought thinking it was the phones and only got the picture for $400!! it was in Judge Judy, I think... I am very skeptical with eBay!

Oh, that sucks!

I have bought over 100 items from eBay but never ever got scammed. Well, I bought a toy for my dog and I didn't get it. I notified the seller and he sent another me 2 toys. Smile
Oh....I shouldn't say that this sort of thing has never happened to me. I did happen once. I ordered some pottery bowls and they were like total with shipping $10. I sent him a check and it cleared, it was deducted from my checking account but never received the two bowls. I emailed the seller and reported to ebay. I lost my $10 bucks. I really didn't want to deal with it so I just swallowed the loss. The seller claimed they shipped but I never got my items.
Never saw but still thieves can sell what they steal on eBay.
And I think they will sell for a cheaper price and get the profit soon.
Anyway, how to stop this ?

eBay guys cannot go go everywhere and see whether the Item is original, lol.