First Domain Inquiry - Now What...
Looking for some basic advice here. I've just started parking a few of the domains I own and, within a day or two, I now have my first inquiry on one of them. It's from an interested reseller and they want to know what my asking price is.

Now I know I've probably put the cart before the horse on my first foray into domaining, but how do I respond? If one person is interested so quickly, maybe I actually have something here (value wise).

How do I determine a value for a domain that has never been developed? Should I place it in an auction?
You can pretty much judge the value of a domain yourself or you can post here and have it generally appraised. If you recieved an offer so soon then you obviously have something of value so it might be worth naming a high price you would accept for it and see what they say.
KyleMyers Wrote:You can pretty much judge the value of a domain yourself or you can post here and have it generally appraised. If you recieved an offer so soon then you obviously have something of value so it might be worth naming a high price you would accept for it and see what they say.
Thanks for the reply Kyle. Actually, what I decided to do was to start developing it. The domain name is http://www.lastnameorigins.net. I've launched a preliminary page so that Google can establish a start date for the domain. I'll continue to develop it in order to bring in additional traffic and then probably look at reselling it. The .com version of it is parked, so I felt that this was the best approach for this domain name for now.
It is interesting that you got an offer for such a long name... I hope that you are developing and seeing the potential of making more money with it. Seems like people might be interested on that. Good luck.
It's a long name however it is a very good name, if developed right the domain could be worth a lot. I wonder what my last name's origin is? Wink Perhaps you can discover that during your development.
Hey! Let me know if when you develop it you'll have "freebies". I'll be interested in finding the origin of my Grandfather's last name. My I know already, it was a mistake from my father's name.
Well, that just goes to show it Wink It's an interesting subject and would be worth developing! Good luck with that and let us know how it goes for you.
Yes anim8tr, I think you have a great idea going. As I read the thread, I was definitely interested in visiting and checking out the origins of my last name. Good luck with the domain!
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've got several domain names like this, but they are all parked right now.

I do have one domain where you can find out the origins of your last name. It's at www.last-name-meanings.com.

Have fun exploring the meaning of your last name!
anim8tr Wrote:Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've got several domain names like this, but they are all parked right now.

I do have one domain where you can find out the origins of your last name. It's at www.last-name-meanings.com.

Have fun exploring the meaning of your last name!

Thank you so much for the link! I already know that my last name probably wont be there, because it is a mistake from my father's papers... but I'm looking forward to check out my girlfriend's last name.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is a good domain name important? Eva520 11 7,339 02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: manoharparakh
  Why are domain names important? Williamhawk 3 5,589 01-13-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Deciding on a domain name Shortie861 7 4,483 01-05-2022, 07:07 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  Unusual Windows AD Domain Issue JesseVoss 0 1,709 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: JesseVoss
  Domain change issues Rayancaleb 0 2,214 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Rayancaleb
  Problems with domain transfer Rayancaleb 0 1,999 04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
  Windows 10 issues after joining a domain Rayancaleb 0 2,085 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
  Moving Domain Mail Issues Williamhawk 0 1,830 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Williamhawk
  SSL/TLS Domain Issue Williamhawk 0 1,959 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
  Domain Issues Williamhawk 0 1,895 02-01-2018, 12:39 PM