For the second straight week the Bears have an oppon
ent that they should beat Chicago Bears Hoodie , which is a dangerous thing.The Bears were supposed to beat the Miami Dolphins, especially when it was announced that the Dolphins would be starting Brock Osweiler.The Bears were supposed to beat the Arizona Cardinals. They went down 14-0 before fighting back for a 16-14 win.Chicago has struggled with the games that they are supposed to win, especially on the road. The Bears travel to Buffalo Sunday as 10 point favorites, their biggest margin they’ve been favored since their 2006 Week 6 game against Arizona, when they were favored by 13 and won 24-23 without scoring an offensive touchdown.Chicago could use another win before heading into the heart of their division schedule and the games will get that much more intense and difficult. But Buffalo, despite all of their offensive shortcomings, are not going to roll over easily.Buffalo BillsSB Nation site: Buffalo RumblingsDay/Time/TV: Sunday, noon CST, FOXRecord: 2-6Last week: 25-6 loss on Monday Night Football at home to the Patriots. They hung around for three quarters before New England finally pulled away at the end. Bears all-time record against: 7-5Historical match ups: The Bears last win at Rich/Ralph Wilson/New Era Stadium was Oct. 7, 1979.The Bears had 61 rushing attempts (62 if you count Bob Avellini’s scramble) and just eight passing attempts. Walter Payton scored the only points of the game as the Bears won 7-0.Last meeting: A 23-20 OT loss in week one of the 2014 season. Jay Cutler threw two TDs and two INTs while EJ Manuel threw one and rushed for one. Offense: The Buffalo Bills come into the game ranked 31st in yards and 32nd in points.The Bills are most known for their ongoing quarterback struggles. They’ve started three QBs, with Nathan Peterman being ineffective, rookie Josh Allen struggling, then injured and then back to Peterman, then to Derek Anderson, until he was hurt,So now it’s back to Peterman. Bears fans have to feel for Bills fans because we know all too well that the QB carousel is no fun to watch.Peterman will be making his fourth start. This season he’s thrown for 108 yards, 1 touchdown and four interceptions. His completion percentage is 40.6. His adjusted net yards per attempt is negative.For his career Peterman has thrown three touchdowns, nine interceptions, a completion percentage of 45.7 for 360 yards.He is epically bad. For context, Craig Krenzel, in 2004, had a stat line of 46.5 percent completion/718 yards/3 TDs/6 INTs.The Bills passing game ranks dead last in yards and touchdown passes and has the second-most interceptions.The leading receivers for Bills are Zay Jones (25 rec./281 yds./1 TD), TE Chales Clay (19/169/0), Kelvin Benjamin (16/262/1) and the versatile LeSean McCoy (19/167/0).Buffalo’s rushing game ranks 23rd in yards but is 29th in yards per carry. Their leading rusher is McCoy (75 att./257 yds./0 TD). Behind him is Chris Ivory (73/244/1). The Bills’ rushing TD leader is actually QB Josh Allen (3), who is injured. The Bills have 18 turnovers, third most in the league.Defense: The Bills defense has been quite good, coming in ranked sixth in yards allowed, but 19th in points allowed.The disparity there may be a product of such a turnover prone offense giving opposing offenses short fields or just giving up points with pick sixes.The Bills passing defense is especially good, ranking sixth in passing yards allowed Customized Chicago Bears Jerseys , while the rushing defense ranks 15th in yards allowed and 19th in touchdowns allowed.Up front, they are led by Jerry Hughes (4.5 sacks/6 TFL/11 QB hits), Lorenzo Alexander (4.5 sacks/5 TFL/5 QB hits) and Kyle Williams (3.5 sacks/4 TFL/7 QB hits). They may be down rookie Tremaine Edmunds (1 sack/3 TFL/7 PDs/2 FFs) but fellow LB Matt Milano (5 PDs/1 sack/ 7 TFL) looms. In the secondary, top players include safety Jordan Pryor (2 INTs/2 PDs/1 FF) and TreDavious White (5 PDs). LBs Alexander and Milano aren’t too bad in the pass area, noted by their one INT each and 5 PDs each.Injury report: The Bills listed six players on their Wednesday injury reportBig Grinid not participate: DT Kyle Williams (rest), LB Lorenzo Alexander (rest), QB Josh Allen (elbow), QB Derek Anderson (concussion), LB Tremaine Edmunds (concussion) and DE Trent Murphy (knee)Key match ups: The Bears defense has another advantage this week over a bad offense. The corners need to play soundly, though and not give up a big play while going for a pick (a la Kyle Fuller last week). Peterman is simply not an NFL caliber QB and the Bills are in a tough spot, unless Anderson clears the protocol on a short week.Mitch Trubisky is likely going to have navigate some tight throwing windows against a stingy defense. The Bears may need to rely on Jordan Howard more this week.Khalil Mack may be out again so the Bears will once again try to generate pressure from Akiem Hicks,Leonard Floyd, Roy Robertson-Harris and Bilal Nichols. The biggest defensive match up is really against Shady McCoy. If the Bears can slow him down, then they will really be in the driver’s seat.What to watch for: This has the chance to be a big Bears victory. The Bears need to stack together wins as they head into three straight division games and really look to take control of the division and their own postseason destiny. Their October swoon is behind them, but November is when teams really need to hit their stride and play to their potential. Key stats: The Bills’ three passing TDs is the worst through eight games since 2009 when the Browns also had three and the Raiders had just two. The Bills have been outscored 62-11 in their last two games.The Bears haven’t won at Buffalo since 1979, they technically won on the road against Buffalo in 2010, but that game was played in Toronto, CanadaThe Bills only wins came in games they won the turnover margin, the Bears have only lost the turnover margin once this season (week one)The pick: I think the Bears win in a similar fashion to last week, where it’s never really in doubt, but it doesn’t always look pretty and isn’t quite the margin of victory we all want. Bears 20, Bills 10. Click here to see my pick against the spread on Sports Bet Collective (I’m 5-2 on the season), it’s free when you sign up for an account.What do you think the Bears path to victory is Sunday? What’s your prediction? The defending AFC Champion New England Patriots are coming to town. Fresh off a victory against the red-hot Kansas City Chiefs, the Patriots appear to be hitting their stride. To help us prepare for what’s coming, I reached out to Bernd Buchmasser from Pats Pulpit to talk about this little upstart program coming out of Boston. Windy City Gridiron: 1. The Patriots were able to outscore and outlast the Chiefs in the Sunday Night Football game last week, making it 3 wins in a row and scoring at least 38 points in each of those contests. Is it safe to say this offense has found it’s footing and just how important has the return of Julian Edelman been to that success?Pats Pulpit: While the Patriots did not necessarily play a murderer’s row of NFL defenses over the last three weeks, they did show some encouraging improvement on offense: the running game with Sony Michel and James White as the top two options has found its groove, while the passing offense got out of its early-season slump. Julian Edelman, unsurprisingly www.authenticschicagobears.com , played a big role in that: his addition gave the team a wide receiver option that a) has the ability to get open quickly and thus serve as a safety blanket for Tom Brady (something the team lacked during his suspension), and b) has earned Brady’s trust over the years. With him back in the lineup, the quarterback appears to be much more comfortable in his supporting cast while coordinator Josh McDaniels has a chance to dig deeper into the playbook.WCG: 2. One of the most impressive aspects of the Patriots offense has been the emergence of Sony Michel, rookie out of Georgia. Bill Belichick surprised a lot of people by taking Michel at the end of the first round in this year’s draft but after a slow start, he’s looked the part of an impact player. What do you think the reason was for taking Michel and what is his outlook rest of season?Pats Pulpit: Despite letting Dion Lewis walk in free agency, running back was not that high up on the list of Patriots draft needs – the selection of Michel was therefore a minor surprise (but what’s a surprise really when talking about Belichick’s Patriots, right?). So why did the team do it? Personally, I think there are four plausible theories: 1) The Patriots tried to trade down but couldn’t find a partner. 2) The Patriots knew that Jeremy Hill and Mike Gillislee were not suited to replace Lewis’ role and production. 3) Michel was simply the highest-ranked player on their board. 4) The Patriots wanted another player to counter current developments in the game: with pro football putting ever more focus on moving the football via the pass, New England is investing in the running game to counter the lighter defensive packages it might face and to take advantage of the market. Whatever the reason Michel ended up in New England, he has taken on a big role in the offense. If he and the Patriots’ offensive line can stay mostly healthy, it would not be a surprise to see the rookie break the 1,000-yard barrier in his first year.WCG: 3. The Patriots defense has been spotty at best on this young season. Is there worry that this will be a season-long issue that will haunt the Patriots or is there a belief that Belichick will right the ship? What is the biggest weakness that the Bears offense should look to exploit?Pats Pulpit: One thing I have learned over the years is to not draw any definitive conclusions about the Patriots before the month of October is over. That being said, there are some concerns about the team’s defense as it looks right now: free safety Devin McCourty has struggled in coverage, the team is still inconsistent when it comes to putting pressure on quarterbacks, and the linebackers covering running backs is a big play waiting to happen. But other than that... how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln? So if I were the Bears, I would try to isolate Tarik Cohen on a linebacker in coverage, or use multiple tight end formations to force McCourty into a one-on-one matchup. That’s all easier said than done, but when possibilities like these present themselves, Chicago should look to take advantage. What the Patriots are really good at, though, is masking their deficiencies through scheme and formations – throwing different looks at Mitchell Trubisky and forcing him to make good reads and decisions is something that should be expected on Sunday.WCG: 4. One of the fascinating things about Bill Belichick is his ability to play a hybrid defense to try and take away something that the other team does best - make them play left-handed so to speak. It seems equally true that the Patriots offense can morph into a ground and pound team or sling it around the yard, depending on the match up. If you’re Bill Belichick, how would you attack the Bears and what players should Bears fans be most aware of for you to succeed in that strategy? Pats Pulpit: The Bears defense is tremendous, so finding obvious weaknesses to attack is easier said than done. If I’d put on my partially sleeveless hoodie, though, I would try to establish the short passing game early to a) neutralize the pass rush, b) take advantage of yards after the catch (like the Dolphins did last week), and potentially open up space for the running game later on. I would therefore keep an eye on one player in particular: running back James White Chicago Bears T-Shirt , who has been one of the NFL’s best receiving backs for the last couple of years and actually leads New England in receptions. If the Patriots indeed try to set up a rhythm by going to the air early and often, White could be one of the guys to benefit.WCG: 5. Since the Bears and Patriots only get together every four years, this will likely be the last time I can ask a Belichick / Brady question so here goes: Just how much longer is this thing going to last and who do you believe will step down first? Is there a record or number that either of them are going for or do you believe they make an honest assessment each offseason? Finally - was the Jimmy Garoppolo trade the right move for this franchise? Pats Pulpit: Well, according to the man himself Tom Brady will play forever. But even if his prediction does not hold up I still see him go for two more seasons after this one – which would give the team time to grow a successor potentially picked highly in next year’s draft (sorry, Danny Etling fans, he’s probably not the one). If that happens, I can actually see Belichick stick around for one, two more years longer to help with the transition to general manager Nick Caserio and head coach... at the moment I would say probably Josh McDaniels. But before going too deep into speculative territory: I don’t necessarily think that Brady and Belichick are aiming for specific records – I think Brady just does it because he really, really likes it. And I think Belichick is wired in a similar way, although I can see him try to get Shula’s all-time wins record (Belichick is a football historian at heart, after all) which would mean he would still be around for the next 6-7 seasons. You never know. What I do know, however, is that the Garoppolo trade was the right move for the Patriots because Brady made it the right move. Had the GOAT slipped, New England would probably have considered going with the young gun instead of him. But with Brady looking as good as ever, paying two quarterbacks starting caliber money was just not financially feasible. Having Garoppolo as Brady’s heir was therefore a sound plan in theory but one that the old man destroyed in practice by just not slowing down.WCG: Bonus: I’ve had the lobster roll at Doyle’s (an old-school Boston tavern), which I enjoyed immensely, my first time in Boston. When I eventually make my way back to the Boston area, what other New England food item(s) do I need to make sure I get my hands on?Pats Pulpit: I’m not from New England, so I went to ask the locals on our staff for their recommendations:Chris Blackey: I’ve got a sweet tooth: whoopie pies and cannolis in the North End.Pat Lane: Sit at the original bar at Union Oyster House. The one that Daniel Webster sat at. I’d recommend the clam chowder, because I’m not an oyster guy, but I’ve heard the oysters are amazing. The best pizza in the city is Santarpio’s in East Boston. Not only is it great, but the rest of the menu, and the atmosphere is fantastic. Brian Phillips: Tell him he hasn’t lived until he’s had a large cup of 1/2 day old, probably-microwaved coffee from Cumby’s. Alec Shane: Bar pizza is a thing that only seems to exist in Boston. Kelley Square Pub in East Boston is the best I’ve had in the city.Ryan Spagnoli: Pizzeria Regina, favorite spot in North End or Halftime Pizza across the street from the garden before C’s and B’s!Rich Hill: I really enjoy the great Boston Classic, “McDonalds”.Editor’s Note: A McWhat? Thanks to Bernd and Pats Pulpit for the info! What do you think Bears fans? Does the Navy & Orange come out ahead in this one?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the Chicago Bears will be returning to action on panxing18 0 630 12-10-2018, 06:10 AM
Last Post: panxing18
  Bears UDFA breakdown: Defensive end Cavon Wa panxing18 0 685 12-10-2018, 06:02 AM
  When the Raiders got the Bears’ first-round draft pick in th panxing18 0 610 12-04-2018, 06:25 AM
  For the second straight week the Bears have an oppo panxing18 0 619 12-04-2018, 06:18 AM
  Bears release offensive lineman Earl Watford The Chicago B panxing18 0 684 12-04-2018, 06:10 AM
  Week 2 Game Preview: Bears vs. Seahawks After such panxing18 0 646 11-26-2018, 05:56 AM
  Bears vs. Buccaneers: Live updates from the game panxing18 0 770 11-20-2018, 06:37 AM
  Chicago Bears’ kicker Cody Parkey had the worst game panxing18 0 638 11-20-2018, 06:20 AM
  The Chicago Bears placed right guard Kyle Long on injured panxing18 0 797 11-13-2018, 06:07 AM
  How might the Bears exploit Josh Allen and the Bills panxing18 0 776 11-13-2018, 05:59 AM