GetRealMusic Awaits World Domination
Anyone looking for a music domain name that has incredible potential? GetRealMusic.com, my registered domain name, has extreme mass market potential.

Here's why. It's similar to Universal Music Group's popular monster web site GetMusic.com - only GetRealMusic is more real. I'm no market expert, but the similarity of the domain names can immensely increase traffic to a fledgling getrealmusic site. In other words, with a domain name like this you could piggyback on this hugely popular site, consistently winding up on the same search results page because they sound so much alike. Like a parasite, feed off this host, capture some of that huge traffic, and get a running start on the road to world domination (analogy's not positive, but this is a competitive industry).

In any case, this name is perfect for multimedia websites, music labels, broadcasting industry, podcasting, music download sites, mobile ringtones, online music stores, etc. All three syllables - get, real, music - are incredibly popular names in the music industry and on the Internet in general, not to mention the .com extension.

The music industry is in an uncertain state of flux right now, as it rapidly moves from the physical world into cyberspace - the final frontier.

Why didn't I succeed with this site that ran in 2003? I didn't have the business savvy

What would you do with a domain name like this one? Your opinions and ideas would be most welcome.
I have a question about GetRealMusic.com: Is there a perceived relationship with Real Audio players?

I tend to like the name "real music" because if reminds me of the AFM's (musician's union) slogan "Live Music Is Best."
My GetRealMusic.com Domain name has incredible potential because it contains popular, generic, interrelated words. When you type the words "get" "real" & "music" together into the Google search box, you get 32 - 33 million results, and "Real Player" appears at the top of the first page. The words "get real" alone yields 121,000,000 results. Thanks for your interest and support. Wink
Well, perhaps you can sell it for a good profit. It is a name that I wouldn´t actually look for, because as a user I don´t think I would look for "real music". Good luck anyway!
Your thoughtful response raises some questions. In response to a user's queries, do search engines recognize the domain name's part - the words within - or just the whole name? I can see where a domain name with one word, like music.com, may have incrediable value. Do domain names containing more than one word - even though though they may be genric - have any value? :confused:
That is a good question to think about. When I am searching for something. I type the exact name of the site. Many times you don't go right to that website. You have to get on the internet and look some more for it.