Hi!
I'm Dulcinea, just joined Sunday. Glad to see such a generous attitude to newbies! I gotta really laugh at myself as I learn. I have rescued dogs, cats and donkeys, and I'm really excited about making money down the line from domaining to augment my income from arts and crafts. I'm pretty much a loner, but already enjoying this new-to-me community.
I'm kind of a newbie as well to this site. I have be buy n domains for 4 years and love it. It's kind of a hobbie for me....Smile
I've purchased ( registered) 28 domains, all from Godaddy in the last 3 months. How about you? Mine are some .coms, a few nets and infos. I see now that some were clever, but probably don't have much value! Its ok though cause I'm enjoying it so darn much. Question- have you ever searched a name, found it was available, didn't buy it right then, and then itwas snatched within a matterof minutes or hours? I know this is happening, but which registrars are safe? Its a hobby for me in that I haven't made any money yet, but I know I will! Is anybody that you know still optimistic about .mobi? It really is good talking to you- my friends and family all think I'm just was ting time and money.Rolleyes :p Wink I got interested when looking for a name for a website. I didn't know about domaining until January! Dulcinea
I have about 50 domain names right now that are pretty good. The problem i have run into is i don't know where i can find real buyers. I have them all parked on Sedo and receieve anywhere between 35-150 dollars a month for the parking. So in the time of a year i make more then they cost. I have now figured out that real estate and mortgage related names seem to pay high in parking income. For example findmybuyer.com has earned me 50 dollars some months. I get 150-200 visits a month but have no website other than the sedo one. I also make about 20-30 dollars a month parking lendingfaster.com. Most of my names are in the real estate services because i do mortgage financing as my career so i would always look for names to one day create my own site.
Here is a list of a few names i have

BuyerInvestment.com
findmybuyer.com
FreeHomeAdvertising.com
GetchaDomain.com
GetchaFlix.com
GooglePosts.com
GotchaOne.com
HomeBuilderBank.com
InvestmentOrganization.com
LandBig.com
ManageMoving.com
MilitaryMovingService.com
MoviesnShowtimes.com
MovieBanc.com
SavingFSBO.com
SureHow.com
StaggerUpon.com
TradingFaster.com
usMilitaryRelo.com
usMilitaryMoving.com
WebGadgetReview.com

These are a few of my better domain names.
Talk to you soon.
Hi Brian I'm a newbie, but I find real estate names especially interesting. Findmybuyer has got to be a gem. I am imagining that with some sage advice from people like Zach and focused marketing it can take you to a really good place! $ Best of luck, not that it's luck but we know that!
Hi there, welcome to Domain Social.

Have a read of the rules - that'll ensure a good experience for all the users.

General Rules:
http://www.domainsocial.com/announcement...rules.html

Marketplace Rules:
http://www.domainsocial.com/domains-sale...rules.html

Any questions, just ask. Have fun Smile