How is people making money on "Second Life"?
Yeah theres definately money to be made, but its going to be a tought market. Its worth a shot though.
Using the Second Life CGI for videos to sell is an open market. People are making bucks from what I researched.
In your research what percentage of people who own domains are making money from them? I would be very interested in the information. That list Zach put on the domains worth the most most money was great.
I think the easiest way to describe Second Life is that it's essentially an MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game, like World of Warcraft or Everquest (or any of the dozens of similar games out there), except instead of focusing on leveling up and slaying dragons, Second Life is just about living a virtual life similar to a regular human life.
I like the description about slaying dragons and games because my girls love to do that. The "Second Life" is virtual and on-line. It's great as long as your family is benefiting from it.
Grace Wrote:I like the description about slaying dragons and games because my girls love to do that. The "Second Life" is virtual and on-line. It's great as long as your family is benefiting from it.

I don't know if there are any benefits for the family while playing Second Life. They even have their own currency: Linden Dollars, and I believe it is 200 linden dollars for every "real" dollar. I'm not sure about the exchange... I'm too worried about teh Euro against the US Dollar to be thin king of Linden dollars. LOL!
Grace Wrote:In your research what percentage of people who own domains are making money from them? I would be very interested in the information. That list Zach put on the domains worth the most most money was great.

I haven't seen those types of stats but what is going on is people are making virtual movies and distributing them.

You can actually go to places like YouTube and see examples of what I mean.
It is very popular indeed. And I loved the post about the European dollar against a U.S. Dollar. Isn't our dollar way behind in actual value? What is the exchange rate? When I went to India in 1989, it was 1 dollar = 100 rupees.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do people make money on cheap domains sruppo 6 5,222 02-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Last Post: gepeopo12
  newbies make money? Dulcinea 26 11,940 08-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Last Post: ceyhanbol
  how can I make money? ofeli 4 3,598 04-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Last Post: zach
  Why MortgageBrokers.com 'making large profits'--netinchina.org.cn WebGuru8 8 4,812 11-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Dave Zan
  Do you have a domain developed that really makes money? berlinlife06 32 13,958 09-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Grace
  Keeping it clean, or going for the money? berlinlife06 10 6,361 01-31-2007, 06:55 AM
Last Post: berlinlife06
  Invite your friends - We need more people here. Captain Dave 0 2,491 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  How Much Money Can Be Made With Domaining? ryanz123 0 3,111 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: