How much will my PR be ??
I had 500 unigues in the first 20 days of opening my website. So If I double the count each month what will my PR be at the end of 3 months??
Link - Cashout Now
I used iwebtool's Google PageRank Prediction Tool & it once said PR4 & other times it said that future PageRank cannot be determined. I have 388 BackLinks according to MSN & 18 according to Google.
Please help me out
PR isn't based on hits per day and not exactly how many backlinks. It's quality links that you want. If you have your link on a PR 0 site that won't do too much but having your link on a PR 7 site would boost your PR up a lot.
You have good number of backlinks.
But the question is that what is the pr of those site from where you are getting backlinks.
If they are around pr 4-5 then you will get pr 4.
I have some PR2 some PR4 & some 6. .. But mostly they are zero. DO you think submittiong to PR directories will help. I have just now hired a person to submit it to 500 directories. It costed me $50 (just 10cents per directory) . The directory list can be seen here Add URL.nu : Add your URL to free SEO friendly directories
Try to get link from myspace and del.icio.us.
That will be helpfull to earn more pagerank.
I heard del.icio.us link counted as pr2 and myspace as pr5.
I checked out iwebTool's Pagerank Predictor. It says I will have PR4 . According to it I have 801 Backlinks & that I will have PR 4 (3.8) - with 87.8% accuracy. I hope its correct. & btw when is the next Google Update ??
Thankx for all the info ,Echos
One of your biggest expenses in starting up a company is your PR and advertising cost cause if no one knows you exist, you're sunk. Keep shopping around til you get the best, proven price though.
Why is page rank so important? Seems to me the more links from other sites you have, the better off you are *regardless* of their PR... your name will get out there more by having more links. If you have 800 links from PR0 sites, that's 800 chances someone will see your link & click... if you have 5 links from PR7 sites, your PR may be higher, but only 5 chances for someone to see & click.

Am I missing something?
penguinmama Wrote:Why is page rank so important?

I believe it has to do with your place on a page of search results. I've read that it matters, i've also read that it doesn't. There are folks here with some real time experience in search engine rankings. Maybe some of them will share something about how it's worked for them.