How's your cell phone plan?
One of my friends is looking for a nice cell phone package in the US. He looks for unlimited SMS, and free weekends and nights. Oh and also 300 minutes free at least. Does anyone has any suggestions? I'm in Berlin and I have no idea of which program would be best. He is on his way to New York. Any input would be great!
Hi Berlin,

My son attends college on Long Island, NY (close to the city). We signed him up for Verizon. They seem to have the most universal coverage in my opinion. He gets free nights and weekends and 450 mins for $39.99/mo. Also, if you're calling someone else who is in the Verizon network, its free too and doesn't count against the 450. Text messaging is 10 cents per post, but if you need unlimited text, its an extra $10./mo.

Hope this helps.

Tanya
I'm going to cast my vote for verizon as well. I was on Cingular and moved to Verizon. It was a good move and very smooth. Check out their website at http://www.verizonwireless.com
I don't use a plan. I have a pre-paid phone from AT&T I refuse to get locked into a 2 year contract.
I have more minutes than I need but I know if I decrease my plan I will have a problem Right now I have over 20,000 rollover minutes. The bummer is in Sept they expire.
No offense, Aquarian but it seems to me when you had amassed enough rollover minutes to get you through to the expiration date, you'd have scaled back the plan until then. You could have saved a bundle and then gone back up when you needed to. They let you change every month.
I only buy 60 minutes a month since I only use my cell for long distance and emergencies.
My cell is m only phone, I dropped having a landline a year ago. Turned out I was only using it to support DSL. I went totally wireless and have been much happier.
It just made sense to drop the landline. I had to have a cellphone. With my work and travel it was required. The number of calls I got on my landline didn't justify its expense once wireless internet access arrived. In fact, dropping it paid for my wireless so I ended up saving money.
I've heard both good and bad things about them....rather like cellphone companies.

The other reason I dropped the landline was that the included long distance with my cellphone was so good that I literally, NEVER EVER used the landline. Other than mentioning it on here, I never even noticed that it was gone. I hadn't made a landline call in over 6 months.