I think I like it here!
Hello to All Forum Members,

I just stumbled across this social and what a nice surprise! Sounds like there are alot of you out there experiencing some of the same challenges that I'm having. I look forward to picking your brains....Big Grin

When my professional position was eliminated due to budget cuts in July of 05, I decided to start a home business of online fair trade imported items. I started on Ebay and still have a few items in my store there, however, I completed my own website last fall and I work night and day trying to increase traffic. Just last week, my webmaster sold me a forum site that looks just like this one, only I haven't thrown the switch yet and there are no posts on it yet. Zach, did you do the designing of this forum? I'm pretty sure I have the same program, but I'm struggling with the finishing touches. THIS LOOKS GREAT! (hint, hint)

In the process of trying to promote my website, I've become involved with buying/selling domains. (Although...I'm yet to receive a dime...I have high hopes.) I've also become fascinated by the workings of website promotion and that's an ongoing education. Oh yeah, and I also buy and sell event tickets....most recently for the Live Earth Concert this summer in NJ. And I have matching domains for that event, too.....:eek:

In a nutshell, I think I have attention deficit or something, because I keep getting involved in all kinds of ventures, but I feel like it somehow all fits together. Can anyone relate?

The good news is, I LOVE getting up in the morning and walking 10 feet to go to work. I guess that's why I called my business, Follow Your Bliss. And that's exactly what I'm doing.

So, I'm still looking for the rules that Zach's signature talks about. Hope I haven't broken any in this initial post.

Tanya
Post your site so we can get a peak. The posters here are great help to one another. Zach is building a great community.
Yes Zach is building a great community with us and you can check here with different section.Smile
My store site and blog site are as follows: Note: I don't have the forum/blog site up and running yet.....stay tuned.

Follow Your Bliss Store- Fair Trade Imports & More!
http://www.followyourblissblog.com
Hi Tanya!

Sorry if I'm a bit late to this thread; as most of you know I have been very busy recently with domain ventures. I really enjoyed reading your posts, and I absolutely agree with just about everything you said. Being self-employed is fantastic! I can't imagine having to work for "the man" again.. why should the profits from my hard work go to him anyway? You and I are the one making the profits!

Plus, the travel expenses to work are really cut down when you work in the room down the corridor! I guess that after all, it's a good thing that your job got cut!

About this new site your talking about, which program are you using to create it? If you don't want to say it out in public, that's fine, I would understand Smile We have a team of people working on the site, although I manage the individual units hands-on.

Anyway, it's good to see you around. Always follow your bliss!

Zach
Hey Zach,

I'm not sure that I even asked my webmaster what the name of the program is, but the bottom of the page says, "Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group" My blog site URL is http://www.followyourblissblog.com

I realize that what I'm trying to accomplish is actually a forum; not a blog technically. But
my sense was that blog seems to be the catch phrase right now, hence the domain I purchased for it. Don't know if this will make sense to anybody else but me....but anyway, that was my thinking.

Tanya
Well whatsever you have problem but I like your idea about this forums and I thing this is best ever skin for me for phpBB forums.Smile
phpbb is a widely used piece of forum software, and its a good alternative to the free versions out there. Here at Domain Social we use VBulletin, which isnt free, but has a few more features. Both are good, and I wouldnt claim that one is better than the other... it really just depends on your budget and your niche.

good luck with you site, youre off to a great start

zach
Well I think if you have enough money than you should go for VBulletin software because it has lots features than other and also more popular one.
I like the SMF forum software. I think it's great and I can customise it to suit my whims. The less money I spend, the more money I have.

Funny how that works!