Ipower - Don't Bother!!!!!!!!!
Happy that it worked out Chris!

By the way, did you end up transfering the domain or did you just renew it at ipower?

Zach
Did the OP sign up with ipower in the first place mainly because of price? If
yes, then you all know the saying "you get what you pay for."

If the domain name was renewed before it expired, perhaps you can think
about moving it to a possibly more reliable provider.

Seriously, domain providers who charge less than $6 for .com have little to
no incentive to offer support for potentially complex issues. And they don't
have to see things the way any of you do.
I renewed that one domain with them, but I'll change it to Godaddy soon. I will never deal with ipower again!

Today I needed authorisation codes for other domains but logins all failed so I had to go to Livechat to reset the passwords. He said he'd send them right away, 12 hours later - nothing. I will go to Livechat again and express my anger.

I doubt that I'm the only one suffering from their incompetence. I'd have to be very paranoid to believe they simply don't like me ;-)

Dave zan: yes I signed up because of the cheap domains. My own fault perhaps. I didn't think ahead.
Chris, I was going to say that at least the saga had a happy ending, but I guess you are still trying to resolve the whole issue... this could be like the soap-opera of the week! I was and still am rooting for you! Get out of there and never go back! Be free of pain and suffering! Join other places!!! LOL! I didn't sleep too much, sorry!:o
I am with Ipower. I have had interesting customer service as well. Mine was not bad, and each time they were helpful, but I did call to cancel a hosting account and it sounded like I was interrupting a party. I had to ask several times what she had said.
Update:

My logins for the domains I want to transfer failed. So I requested new logins, and they all failed too.

So now I'm in Livechat asking how I can be expected to manage my domains when the logins fail?
sounds like fun! good luck!
zach Wrote:sounds like fun! good luck!

Yup that is pure fun! By now I would have entered my Pc monitor and hanged the costumer support and stabbed him 100 times lol. Hell, what a defective thing, all logins failing!!
tcm9669 Wrote:Yup that is pure fun! By now I would have entered my Pc monitor and hanged the costumer support and stabbed him 100 times lol. Hell, what a defective thing, all logins failing!!

I can totally understand your feelings!!! LOL! I was the same last week when I had to deal with the people at Deutsche Telecom... a little nightmare... I avoided a bigger nightmare cancelling what they had offer me 3 weeks ago.
I am so sorry Chris. I hope all works out for you. GOOD LUCK!!!!