Is anyone an Amazon.com affiliate?
KyleMyers Wrote:It really depends on how you go about it whether this is profitable or not. It's really quite interesting how annoying it can be to visitors if you're site is hocking off amazing products. I know I dislike it for sure.

I guess that depends on how relevant the products are to the site you are visiting. I must admit that I find it annoying when they have those displays where the product fades in and out or where there is a moving showcase of products, it is too distracting.
berlinlife06 Wrote:I think I would have them as affiliate and then ask my friends that if they are buying at Amazon, then they shopuld enter throuh my website. I guess that's not illegal... is it?

It isn't illegal to have your friends buy through your site. I am thinking about doing some off-line advertising in the form of really inexpensive business cards. Some shops or stores have a place set aside for business cards.

I am also considering leaving some where I get my hair done, since one of my shops is all skin care and home spa.
That's a good plan. I still haven't made much of anything from being an Amazon affiliate but the small amounts I have gotten have come from asking friends to buy through my links. It's a good idea and SageMother's business card plan is a smart one as well if the salon owners are all right with it.
If you are selling products online, any kind of advertising and marketing is valid, specially off line! You can even offer a discount witha code printed on the cards. I'm sure people will go for it.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. As long as everyone is making a sale then there's no reason that it cannot be understood as legitimate.
Hello everyone:confused:

I'm in the process of moving to British Columbia so I won't be on-line for awhile but in the meantime a quick question. My domains 187 are all parked @ GoDaddy but I'm a domainer newbie and would like to know if anyone has had pro or con experience with the company.

Off to start my move

Zesto60Smile
I am also, I feel that you will never get a sale out of them, gave up hopes but still using them....:o
It's a good call depending on your traffic and what kind of site you're running. If you have a site that doesn't review or mention consumer products all that often than the Amazon affiliate program definitely won't do much or anything.
I'm an Amazon Affiliate, but I haven't really worked to take advantage of it to the fullest extent. It really does depend on your niche....if you're running a book review site and linking to every book, then there's more potential than other sites might have.
Kitten Wrote:I'm an Amazon Affiliate, but I haven't really worked to take advantage of it to the fullest extent. It really does depend on your niche....if you're running a book review site and linking to every book, then there's more potential than other sites might have.

There are so many categories with Amazon that you needn't rely on books alone. An Associate Store can be "stocked" with anything from skin care and home spa products to electronics!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Profitable affiliate prpogram. Lobster 0 3,688 06-04-2021, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Lobster
  Your preferred Affiliate Program? Shortie861 4 4,046 11-07-2017, 04:23 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
Big Grin MilesWeb Affiliate Program Review MilesWeb 0 2,302 05-27-2017, 10:14 AM
Last Post: MilesWeb
  Poker affiliate programs Shortie861 1 2,725 03-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Misti
  First affiliate program you used? Shortie861 1 2,987 03-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Misti
  First Affiliate Sale Shortie861 0 2,334 03-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Shortie861
  Bad experiences of affiliate programs Shortie861 0 2,457 02-18-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Shortie861
  Cash and Pay-per-click Affiliate Programs host3t.net 1 3,163 08-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Last Post: kahran
  Affiliate Program FoundDomain.com seek99 0 3,661 06-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Last Post: seek99
  Attn: Affiliate Marketing Newcomers DavidJames 0 3,355 12-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Last Post: DavidJames