Ive chosen to go down in terms of getting the proper nutrition and
WASHINGTON - Randy Wittman learned long ago to focus on what he can control. Riccardo Montolivo Italy Jersey . Thats what he did over the past 2 1/2 years with the Washington Wizards. Wittmans approach helped turn the Wizards from pushover to playoff winners. Now hell have a chance to stick around following a 44-38 season, a 15-win improvement from last year, after the Wizards gave him a contract extension. "I think over the last couple of years what weve begun to establish here, continuity I think is important," Wittman said Wednesday in the hallway near the practice court at the Verizon Center. "Im appreciative of the opportunity to continue on." The Wizards reached the playoffs for the first time since 2008 and won their first post-season series since 2005. They accomplished it in the final year of Wittmans contract and under a preseason mandate to make the playoffs from owner Ted Leonsis. "I was here when it was not pretty. When you see it change, when you see the things that youve implemented begin to work, you want to continue on," the 54-year-old Wittman said. Wittman guided the Wizards to a first-round win over the Chicago Bulls before losing in six games to the top-seeded Indiana Pacers in their Eastern Conference semifinal. "Over the last 2 1/2 years really, Randy has established a great culture, a hard-working culture, a defensive-oriented team," Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld said. "Weve been a top-10 defensive team in the league the last two years. Weve made good progress. We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but were headed in the right direction." Asked if retaining Wittman was an easy decision," Grunfeld stated," Yes, it was." Having already coached rebuilding squads with the Cleveland Cavaliers and Minnesota Timberwolves, Wittman took over as head coach when Flip Saunders was fired in January 2012. As was the case in those other spots, losses starting piling up in Washington. Wittman has the worst regular-season record of anyone who has coached at least 400 NBA games — 191-329, a .367 winning percentage — since the league started in 1946. "Job security is fleeting, as we all know in this business," said Wittman, who played in the NBA for nine seasons. "If you worry about it, youre not going to do your job well." With John Wall sidelined, the Wizards opened the 2012-13 season with a 4-28 record. When their point guard returned, Washington finished 24-25. With Wall healthy and turning into a first-time All-Star alongside backcourt partner Bradley Beal, Washington ended the 2013-14 season fifth in the Eastern Conference. Washington has plenty of decisions remaining. Two starters — centre Marcin Gortat and forward Trevor Ariza — are unrestricted free agents. Overall, 10 players are entering some level of free agency or the organization must decide whether to exercise a team option. Though Wittman and Grunfeld have stated a desire to the keep the core intact, the roster could certainly look different next season. But the man on the sideline will be familiar. Claudio Marchisio Jersey . Moments after scoring and setting off another wild celebration at Minsk arena, Platt leapt into the arms of Belarusian captain Alexei Kalyuzhny. Eder Italy Jersey . Terrance Broadway threw for 227 yards and Hunter Stover kicked three field goals as the Ragin Cajuns won an unprecedented fourth straight New Orleans Bowl with a 16-3 triumph over Nevada. http://www.socceritalyfansshop.com/Blank...ly-Jersey/ .C. United to a 4-1 victory over short-handed FC Dallas on Saturday night.With the 2015 CFL Combine (Mar. 27-29) and CFL Draft (TBA) approaching on the offseason calendar, TSN.ca profiles some of the prospects who could be taken this spring. Currently the No. 4 ranked prospect in this years CFL Draft, Tyler Varga will have the interest of all nine CFL teams. Who wouldnt want a Canadian running back who can run, catch and block? Its clear that right now though, Vargas focus is to make it to the National Football League. Im pretty much as passionate as they come being on the football field, Varga said. If something doesnt work out with the NFL, I know there are a lot of teams after me in the CFL, and being a domestic player, that increases my value as well so I think thats something I would want to pursue if the NFL didnt work out. Playing there, its a proud thing to do playing in front of Canadian fans. A season for the ages with the Yale Bulldogs has landed Varga on the NFLs radar which led to an invitation to the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama and could yield good results come draft time: 84 out of the 110 players invited to the game last year were drafted into the NFL. If youre good enough the NFL will find you. I think Im on the radar for a lot of teams. Varga told TSN from Florida last week. I think getting a Senior Bowl invite is huge obviously and that really gets you a lot of exposure. Every single team (in the NFL) is going to be at the Senior Bowl so that would be a great chance to prove my value to all these teams and show that Im capable of doing multiple things on the field. NFL teams are likely familiar with Varga already. He had such a good season at Yale in 2014 that all 32 teams in the NFL made the trip to watch him play. Looking at his numbers, its no wonder Varga garnered such interest. In 10 games he had 1,423 yards rushing and he broke the school record for touchdowns in a season with 26 (22 rushing, four receiving), including two games where he scored five touchdowns each (against Army and Colgate). He was named the Ivy Leagues 2014 Offensive MVP and made All-America teams for two publications. I just kind of went out there, played for my teammates, played for my coaches, played for my university and things kind of worked out the way that they did, Varga said. I knew I was ready to go and I knew that I didnt have to do anything spectacular, I just had to do what I knew I could do and things worked out. Varga showed how serious he was to play in the NFL when he signed Joe Linta as his agent. Linta has over 30 NFL players as clients, the most prominent of which is Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco. Without any question, he will play on Sundays, Yale head coach Tony Reno told TSNs James Duthie in early November when asked about Vargas NFL potential. Hes an incredible talent. He can do all three things. He can run, he can block, and he can catch the football extremely well. To play in the NFL, if you have a checkmark against you in one of those categories, you better be incredibly talented at one or two of the othhers to make it. Mattia De Sciglio Jersey. But Ty has all three. He could play tailback, he could play fullback, he could play H-back. Varga seconded his coachs assessment when we spoke to him last week. Im multi-dimensional essentially. I can catch the ball out of the backfield, I can line up at the slot and run routes from there. Im a physical back and can run away from people too. I think Im going to be able to show that at the Senior Bowl and I can block as well so I think thats something a lot of teams are going to like is that I show qualities of an every down back and somebody who can fit into a lot of different schemes so I have experience in all those things at the college level. Varga was born in Sweden and raised in Kitchener, Ontario. His father John, a former football player and bodybuilder, and his mother Hannele, a former alpine skier, blessed their son with great genetics and a love for sports. He credits a sport many wouldnt associate with football for his athletic start. I got into gymnastics at a young age and that definitely set the foundation, Varga explained. I think Im going to put my kids in that because that definitely gives kids a solid set of tools to work from. It gives you good co-ordination skills thats important and translates into other sports. His dedication off the field also started early. Ive been raised eating well my whole life, Varga told us. My parents never forced me to do anything but it was just something that I learned from them and its a path that Ive chosen to go down in terms of getting the proper nutrition and it works, it gets you results so I know that, Ive seen that so why not stick with that and put your best foot forward. With his Dad being a former quarterback, it sparked an interest in football for Varga when he was eight years old. His passion for the game grew and he became one of the most sought after Canadian recruits after his final high school season. After recovering from a near career-ending peroneal tendon (calf) tear, he would end up playing one season at the Western University where he was named the CIS rookie of the year. After one season with the Mustangs, he transferred to Yale, a decision he has not regretted. The reputation that Yale has goes pretty far back. Its pretty cool to go to (a) school like that and just rub elbows with some really intelligent kids and that rubs off on you a little bit too and thats a cool thing, Varga said. Theres another kid thats worthy of your spot and if your not pushing yourself to be the best that you can be then they should be in your place so thats something thats been a cool kind of motivator that pushes you to be better as a person whatever youre trying to do. I love my Yale family the only thing I regret is not being there for four years. Carrying a stellar GPA over 3.5, Varga plans to become an orthopaedist once his football career ends. Varga mentioned that medicine can wait and it seems CFL fans may have to wait a bit also before seeing Tyler Varga. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ive chosen to go down in terms of getting the proper nutrition and bellis555 0 132 03-18-2017, 02:07 AM
Last Post: bellis555