Laremy Tunsil Jersey
John Dorsey might make a deal for the top pick in this year’s NFL draft – if the price is the right.
At the league’s scouting combine on Thursday Dave Robinson Jersey , the Cleveland Browns general manager took his sales pitch public.
”There are a lot of things we can do at No. 1 and not just get a quarterback,” Dorsey said. ”If someone wants to come up and make a trade, I’d make a trade, too. Just give me a call and see what’s up.”
Cleveland’s constant quest to find the right quarterback has become perhaps the most-watched show in the league.
They’ve used 28 different starters since 1999, and it’s unclear if they’ll cast aside yet another youngster, DeShone Kizer, after he led the league in interceptions and went 0-15 as the starter.
Dorsey has the advantage of having watched Kizer perform in the final four games of 2017.
”What I really liked was how much he improved from week to week,” Dorsey said. ”I think I’ve told you that a young quarterback usually makes exponential growth from Year 1 to Year 2.”
Back home, anxious fans are still clamoring to find that elusive franchise quarterback.
They’re frustrated after watching Cleveland whiff on Johnny Manziel in 2015, trade the No. 2 pick to Philadelphia in 2016 that allowed the Eagles to choose Carson Wentz and pass last year on Deshaun Watson. Instead Chad Henne Jersey , they took Kizer in the second round.
And with a deep quarterback class and two of the top four picks in April, some think this could finally be the time. Dorsey might not see it the same way.
After acknowledging the Browns interviewed an unnamed quarterback on Wednesday night and intend to meet all of the big names before the bulk of the combine work wraps up Sunday, he dropped no hints about what the Browns might do with either pick.
Instead, he’s looking for long-term solutions.
Coach Hue Jackson, who is 1-31 over the last two seasons, certainly isn’t advocating for more change.
”I would hope not,” Jackson said when asked Wednesday if he intends to start a rookie QB. ”There’s going to be other opportunities as we all know. We’ve just got to see how it all fits as we move forward.”
Finding a veteran quarterback in free agency, such as AJ McCarron, remains a possibility, too.
But if a quarterback-needy team is willing to make a quality offer Riley Reiff Jersey , Dorsey could spend all of those precious picks on putting a better supporting cast around Kizer.
Dorsey also didn’t provide an update on the status of longtime left tackle Joe Thomas. After playing more than 10,000 consecutive snaps, Thomas ended the season on injured reserve with a torn left triceps and has been pondering retirement.
”I have greatly admired Joe from his time at Wisconsin through his time with the Browns,” Dorsey said. ”I think he deserves a little respect and when it comes time to make the proper decision, I’m sure he’ll make it.”

The NFL Players Association filed a grievance with the league on Tuesday challenging its national anthem policy.
The union says that the new policy, which the league imposed without consultation with the NFLPA, is inconsistent with the collective bargaining agreement and infringes on players’ rights. The filing met a statute of limitations deadline and will be heard by an independent arbitrator, an NFLPA spokesman said.
In May, the NFL approved its national anthem policy at its owners meetings in Atlanta. The policy allows players to protest during the national anthem by staying in the locker room, but forbids them from sitting or taking a knee if they’re on the field or the sidelines.
Teams will be subject to fines if players don’t comply and will have the option of punishing players.
When the league announced the policy Tramon Williams Jersey , Commissioner Roger Goodell called it a compromise aimed at putting the focus back on football after a tumultuous year in which television ratings dipped nearly 10 percent; some blamed the protests for such a drop. The union said at that time that it would file a grievance against any change in the collective bargaining agreement.
The union said Tuesday it has proposed having its executive committee talking to the NFL instead of proceeding with litigation. The union said the NFL has agreed to those discussions.
The NFL declined to comment about the union’s action.
In 2016, then-49ers quarterback, Colin Kaepernick began protesting police brutality and social injustice by kneeling during the national anthem, and the demonstration spread to other players and teams. It became one of the most controversial and sensitive issues in the NFL, with players saying their messages last year were being misconstrued, while others – including President Donald Trump – called them unpatriotic. Trump even said NFL owners should fire any player who refused to stand during the anthem.
Following those comments, more than 200 players protested during the anthem that weekend before the number of protesters dwindled as the season progressed.
”We’re here for a bigger platform,” Raiders tight end Jared Cook said during the spring. ”We’re not just athletes. We’re people that live this. It’s people in our neighborhood, it’s people that we grew up with, it’s people that we know who are actually living through these circumstances. So when we speak on it Laremy Tunsil Jersey , it’s not like we’re just speaking out of the side of our neck. It’s things that actually touch home and things that we can actually relate to.
”All I have to say is, I just think it’s sad that it’s veered from something that stood for good and the whole narrative has changed into something that’s negative when that was not what it was initially about in the first place.”
The NFL started requiring players to be on the field for the anthem in 2009 – the year it signed a marketing deal with the military.
”We want people to be respectful of the national anthem. We want people to stand,” Goodell said at the May meetings, when he dismissed concerns about the lack of union involvement by contending the league met with countless players over the past year.
”We’ve been very sensitive on making sure that we give players choices,” the commissioner added, ”but we do believe that moment is an important moment and one that we are going to focus on.”
The league and the Players Coalition have been working in tandem on efforts to support player initiatives in the community and for a variety of social issues. The NFL is committing $90 million over the next seven years to social justice causes in a three-segment plan that involves league players.

Womens Josey Jewell Jersey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matt Adams Jersey douhua2233 0 1,039 10-30-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: douhua2233
  Babe Ruth Jersey douhua2233 0 1,135 10-30-2018, 09:16 AM
  Dalton Pompey Jersey douhua2233 0 1,183 10-30-2018, 09:07 AM
  Authentic Benoit Pouliot Jersey douhua2233 0 1,142 10-30-2018, 08:59 AM
  Andrew Shaw Jersey douhua2233 0 1,325 10-30-2018, 08:51 AM