LeapFish Reliability
The more information you have, the better a decision you can make. If there is one thing EBay has taught me, it's that there is a buyer for everything under the sun and something is worth only what someone else is willing to pay for it.
AS a "rank amateur" I like Leapfish. It is easy to use and the support information seems pretty good. I will definitely cruise the links to tutorials and the like as I am in the process of changing a few things around this summer.
Sage,
Thanks for the report on Leapfish. Nothing beats a real world "I have used this" review.
I use leapfish, nameboy, swift and premium domains often for domains that I'm looking to buy. Some tend to rate high, some tend to rate low. But, when you have a bunch of domains valued by them, you can see generally, these certain names are rated higher, and these names are lower in the pack. Another thing to look at is that if most or all rate a domain name at a high value, there's something to it (not usually the value they claim, but still, it's not a dog).

Nameboy's values tend to be very high, I tend to think the true value is usually about 10% of what they claim. Leapfish tends to be low, they seem to rate high mostly for two things, shorter domain names, but mostly higher for domains that have search engine hits. It seems like those are the only two things that matter to them for the value. Swift's values tend to be ridiculously high. But, it's not bad for comparing apples to apples - meaning if domain a is valued at 56-62k, and domain b is valued at 10-12k, you can guess that domain a is more valuable.

Elisa
That sounds like great advice from someone with experience. She was using more than one company to get the correct domain information.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Leapfish.com gone??? DavidJames 16 11,961 12-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Last Post: GoodDomains