Marketing on Facebook?
SageMother Wrote:I opened a Facebook account for my Black Market Beauty site, and made a widget for my blog, Beauty Market Buzz, to place on the page. This way, I don't have to worry about updating my Facebook page by hand.

Can't wait to see what happens.

Please, keep us updated on the results of your marketing strategies with Facebok. I'm still skeptical about signing up and giving my real information there. On one hand I know I might find people I haven't seen in a long time, but on the other hand, I know I've kept in touch with the people I am really interested in being in my life...
I'd be interested to see how that works out as well SageMom. I am a little younger maybe than some of you, but I really don't see a problem putting stuff on Facebook and I am a teacher so I really watch what goes on there. It is personal marketing, you know!
SageMother Wrote:I opened a Facebook account for my Black Market Beauty site, and made a widget for my blog, Beauty Market Buzz, to place on the page. This way, I don't have to worry about updating my Facebook page by hand.

Can't wait to see what happens.

That seems a fairly logical way to do it, do you have a way of recording how much traffic is coming to your site from the widget on facebook? I guess make up will be a good product to market in that way. Please let us know how it works out.
I'm not sure if there is a way to monitor traffic on Facebook (for users) other than members to different groups, etc. but this would be very valuable to do. I've had a great deal of success promoting my blog through Facebook though and 95% of my comments initially came from old friends and such who visited via a Facebook notification.
berlinlife06 Wrote:Please, keep us updated on the results of your marketing strategies with Facebok. I'm still skeptical about signing up and giving my real information there. On one hand I know I might find people I haven't seen in a long time, but on the other hand, I know I've kept in touch with the people I am really interested in being in my life...

Don't give your "real" information. Make your screen name your real name. Even if you put on your true location, without a street address no one will know who you are. Don't post any pix of yourself! Make a nice image or use a relatively neutral "logo" for your profile picture!
RFL1986 Wrote:I'm not sure if there is a way to monitor traffic on Facebook (for users) other than members to different groups, etc. but this would be very valuable to do. I've had a great deal of success promoting my blog through Facebook though and 95% of my comments initially came from old friends and such who visited via a Facebook notification.

I haven't noticed anything indicating a visit count. I guess the easiest thing would be to encourage people to sign your wall, or something similar. I installed the Facebook Toolbar for Firefox, though, so there may be a way to use it to monitor visits.

Time will tell!
Facebook and other social networks might we a little tricky, but the clue in here is to put only the information you wish to share no more. If you're careful with this aspect there is no problem. For example I have a cousin that put pictures of her with her boyfriend on the beach but she didn't tell her parents she went with her boyfriend, she said she went with girl friends. Of ocurse she lied but now all the family who saw her pictures know she went there without permission. That's not the way you want family and friends to remember you. Just be careful what you put and it might be a good marketing network for a business.
And make sure you set up two different accounts if one is for business and one is for pleasure.
For sure. With your business the aim should be totally different than your personal account. I wouldn't use my real name in the account title either just for the sake of keeping pictures of yourself added by others away.
Never used facebook and not planning to, I heard employers checks up on you.. not a good thing :pinch:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Search Engine Marketing? Williamhawk 10 4,333 02-26-2018, 05:19 AM
Last Post: michaeltim
  double click marketing drnagwaniseo 3 2,192 12-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Last Post: virginoilseom
  Social Media Marketing Shortie861 8 4,695 12-11-2017, 04:53 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Email marketing Shortie861 6 4,239 12-11-2017, 04:52 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Social Network Marketing mom2manyboyz 14 9,139 11-11-2017, 09:30 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur