Marketing on Facebook?
Takwa Wrote:Never used facebook and not planning to, I heard employers checks up on you.. not a good thing :pinch:

That's why you don't put things on there to incriminate yourself, lol.
jazzgrrl Wrote:And make sure you set up two different accounts if one is for business and one is for pleasure.

It might be better to avoid putting a personal page on the same site where you have your business page, avoiding the same IP addresses being recorded as accessing the two pages.

If you want two types of pages on the same site, use separate computers with their own IP addresses!
That's a good point about IP addresses that I didn't think of before. As for not putting incriminating things on Facebook, the real problem is that once you have a network established with your friends, the control of censoring your profile information becomes really difficult.
RFL1986 Wrote:That's a good point about IP addresses that I didn't think of before. As for not putting incriminating things on Facebook, the real problem is that once you have a network established with your friends, the control of censoring your profile information becomes really difficult.

Not if you set up another page and avoid inviting your friends to it! You have to set a totally different tone than your usual, casual self but that shouldn't be too hard to do!
But why go to all the trouble of having two pages? You can restrict access to your pages and better still you can refrain from behaviour that a future employer would find off putting.
Exactly my point about creating two different sites. There's really no reason to mix your work with your personal life on something like this. Sure, you can restrict your pages, but if you want to share things with friends that you don't want employers and such to see, then you need to be able to have two separate outlets.
For me it's not a good idea to have also personal information anywhere on the web, if it's outhere someone that you don't want to know about you will have access or will find the way to get to your things, maybe I'm a little paranoid but I live happy this way.
justontime Wrote:But why go to all the trouble of having two pages? You can restrict access to your pages and better still you can refrain from behaviour that a future employer would find off putting.

The more options you have, the stealthier you can be!

Some folks may find a second page cumbersome, so they will refrain from posting anything too revealing. Others will choose another approach.
I notice that a lot of known entertainers have pages on these kinds of sites, so I guess it's definitely worthwhile for them.

I'm not sure how much time it's worth for someone starting to market something though.
does anybody really succeeded in Affiliate Marketing through Myspace and Facebook. Or for that matter from any Social Networking sites...I have my own doubts with some IM Gurus selling $$ worth books about profits from these places.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Search Engine Marketing? Williamhawk 10 4,333 02-26-2018, 05:19 AM
Last Post: michaeltim
  double click marketing drnagwaniseo 3 2,192 12-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Last Post: virginoilseom
  Social Media Marketing Shortie861 8 4,695 12-11-2017, 04:53 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Email marketing Shortie861 6 4,239 12-11-2017, 04:52 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Social Network Marketing mom2manyboyz 14 9,139 11-11-2017, 09:30 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur