Mel Kiper's favorite 2018 NFL draft prospects at every position
As we approach the 2018 NFL draft, I keep getting this type of question: "Mel, who do you like?" It's so tough to answer because I have to think about team needs, how each prospect fits into those needs and realistic draft positions. Well, below is my version of an answer to that question, in which I annually give out my list of favorite prospects at every position. A reminder of how this works:
[Image: nike_seahawks_1819.jpg]
This is neither a list of the best players in the draft overall, nor guys I consider the best at each position. http://www.officialfalconsonlineprostore...tre-Jersey They're all good, and they're all going to be drafted, but they fit into a few separate categories. These are prospects whom I've: Allen has been my guy all along. I'm not backing down now. He has checked all the boxes to be the No. 1 overall pick, and he's a perfect fit as the Browns' developmental franchise quarterback. Remember: He doesn't have to start in 2018. Tyrod Taylor can be the short-term answer. Allen has all the talent in the world to be a superstar quarterback down the road.
[Image: padres_084.jpg]
Chubb had a great college career, but teammate Sony Michel was better last season, and it looked like Chubb had lost some explosiveness after a severe knee injury in the middle of the 2015 season. Then Chubb went and lit up the combine, running a 4.52-second 40-yard dash with Womens Tyler Flowers Jersey a 38.5-inch vertical and 10-foot, 9-inch broad jump, and he really impressed scouts. This is a big, 227-pound back who's going to break tackles and find running lanes. There are questions about his hands, but I think he can be a three-down player. He'll be a value Womens Mikhail Sergachev Jersey pick on Day 2.
Life can turn on the chance of a random gift. Goedert wouldn't have Clay Matthews Authentic Jersey made it to South Dakota State without Larson's repeated intervention. And if Goedert hadn't made it to South Dakota State, albeit an FCS school, he would never have stuck the one-handed catch that catapulted him into the national consciousness. He wouldn't have competed against FBS opponents such as Kansas and TCU. And, without a doubt, he would http://www.officialauthenticbillsstore.c...nes_jersey never, ever have become a projected first-round pick.
Goedert could be the first tight end selected when the draft opens April 26. The team that takes him will get 256-pound tight end with 10-inch hands like Odell Beckham Jr. and an affinity for dramatic plays. It will also take on a unique character who rides a 6-foot unicycle for fun, is ready to bust out from small-town stereotypes and isn't opposed to wearing a leopard-print Snuggie to embarrass his sisters in public.
"I like to bring the flair," he said. "Fans of the city I go to will like it. If people are wondering what they'll be getting, I'd say to think about how much fun and how much energy I'll bring."You can trace Goedert's elite receiving skills to the nighttime routine he began as an 8-year-old, when he would refuse to sleep until his stepfather, Gary Carlson, agreed to throw him footballs from his bedroom doorway.
"A stalling tactic," his sister Megan said. Not so, said Goedert. I'd have him keep throwing me the ball," he said, "so I could do one-handed catches. That's where it all came from." Goedert http://www.devilsteamproshop.com/Drew_Stafford_Jersey showed up on the Brookings, South Dakota, campus in 2013 amid little fanfare. He redshirted his first year, then caught 34 passes over his next two seasons as he added 60 pounds. From the beginning, however, Goedert brought with him undeniable assets: big hands and a star's mindset in deploying them. To find gloves that fit, the school submitted a special order to Under Armour for size XXXL. With those mitts, attached to 34-inch arms on a 6-5 frame, Goedert could reach over any FCS defender.
Never was that more apparent than on Sept. 10, 2016, when he swallowed up a 3-yard touchdown pass with his right hand while a 5-8 linebacker from Drake University pinned Goedert's left arm to his body. The high floater stuck on Goedert's fingers as if it were a Nerf ball. Instead of pulling it in, Goedert held the ball aloft -- and away from the defender -- as he fell to the ground. 
I have really big hands, but I try to use all of my fingers," Goedert said. "I feel like when the ball hits my hands, it sticks. A lot of the one-handed catches you see, people bring it to their body and don't completely catch it one-handed. I feel like I'm really good at ... being a hands-catcher. "That catch made people say, 'Whoa, who is this guy?' Is this a one-time deal or is he a good player?"
The answer was clear as he neared the end of a 92-catch season. He was one of the most dominant skill players in FCS, with a body that was easy to project at the next level. NFL scouts, perpetually in search of mismatch opportunities, began showing up in Brookings. "The winter after that season," Stiegelmeier said, "a pro scout asked me, 'Is he going to leave early?' Well, everything here is small. I didn't know what he was talking about. You don't think about our players 'leaving early.' Then it dawned on me: Was he going to enter the draft?"
Goedert opted to stay for his final season, and Stiegelmeier's assistants dug in to supplement their offense with plays that could maximize a tight end who had the advantage in any matchup. They Jamon Brown Authentic Jersey used him as an "X" receiver in the red zone. They studied how the Kansas City Chiefs deployed tight end Travis Kelce, adding a tight end shovel pass to the playbook. They even made plans to hand Goedert the ball as a true running back; as http://www.losangelesramshop.com/WOMENS-...ERSEY.html a junior, he had taken a handoff 17 yards for a touchdown against Southern Illinois. "One-on-one, he's super tough to guard," tight ends coach Luke Schleusner said. "And it's not just size; he has quick feet to go with it." cheap jerseys china wholesale jerseys from china wholesale jerseys cheap jerseys china wholesale jerseys from china wholesale jerseys cheap jerseys china wholesale jerseys from china

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Global Medical Plastics Extrusion Market 2018 to 2025 chitianshi520 0 1,188 12-27-2018, 05:46 AM
Last Post: chitianshi520
  Uruguay World Cup 2018 team guide xiaolan 0 1,168 05-31-2018, 05:49 AM
Last Post: xiaolan
  Pros and cons for every 2018 NFL first-round draft pick lucky 0 1,197 04-28-2018, 02:21 AM
Last Post: lucky
  Should the Giants really draft Saquon Barkley? lucky 0 1,039 04-27-2018, 02:18 AM
  Strengths and weaknesses of the NFL draft's top QBs lucky 0 1,213 04-25-2018, 02:23 AM
  Luck's status for the 2018 season is unknown lucky 0 1,362 04-23-2018, 06:40 AM
  Three-round head-to-head 2018 NFL Mock Draft lucky 0 1,606 04-23-2018, 02:26 AM
  SEATTLE -- Vita Vea's position coach at Washington lucky 0 1,214 04-18-2018, 02:15 AM
  How 2018 QBs grade vs. first-rounders from past decade lucky 0 1,395 04-14-2018, 06:43 AM
  Dealing for John Elway a week after the 1983 draft lucky 1 1,673 04-13-2018, 06:26 AM
Last Post: michaeltim