Minnesota Vikings Jerseys
Chad Kelly outshined Paxton Lynch in the Denver Broncos' scrimmage Sunday Brandon Scherff Jersey , and that might have earned him work with the No. 2 offense in his quest to win the backup job behind Case Keenum.
"Yeah, he looked good," coach Vance Joseph said after watching Kelly throw two touchdown passes in a five-play span following Lynch's erratic performance that included a sack and a near interception.
Asked if Kelly will get a "promotion" to working with the 2s, Joseph said, "It hasn't happened yet. It could happen in the future."
Joseph declared in the offseason the backup job was up for grabs, but throughout the first eight days of training camp Lynch worked with the No. 2 offense and Kelly took scraps with the 3s .
Still, Kelly, a seventh-round pick out of Ole Miss in 2017 who sat out his rookie season with knee and wrist injuries, has looked significantly sharper than the error-prone Lynch, the 2016 first-round draft pick from Memphis who failed to beat out another seventh-rounder, Trevor Siemian, in 2016 and '17.
"He's a playmaker," Joseph said of Kelly. "He's always been a playmaker. You watch his college tape two years ago, he just makes plays. He doesn't always look pretty, but he just makes plays."
After Keenum's signing this spring, Joseph said Lynch should benefit by sitting back and learning from Keenum rather than fighting for the starting job as he had the last two summers.
"It's definitely helped him Womens Ben Roethlisberger Jersey , just watching every day how Case prepares for practice," Joseph said Sunday. "He's gotten better from that. And half of his job is between the ears. So the better he gets there, the better he's going to play quarterback for us."
Asked what he felt Lynch had learned from him, Keenum said, "That's probably a better question for him," but added, "I think he's doing a great job getting the ball out, a big, tall guy, he's got a strong arm and he knows where to go with the football a lot of times and he's learning from his mistakes, just like we all are."
Lynch was the only QB who didn't stop to talk with the media after the scrimmage, and the team said he'd address reporters for the first time at camp on Tuesday following the players' day off.
Kelly declined to lobby for snaps with the No. 2 offense.
"No, I've just got to keep on performing to the best of my ability, execute whatever play is called and find the open guy and bring my team down the field, whether it's with the 1s, 2s or 3s Carter Hutton Jersey ," Kelly said. "I'm focused on trying to get better in the classroom and out here on the football field."
Keenum didn't get into the end zone in his dozen snaps at the scrimmage, but he did move the chains against Denver's No. 1 defense.
"He was good. You know we have a really good defense and when you turn on the lights and have a real pass rush, that's a top-5 defense. So, I'm not surprised," Joseph said. "And it's been more competitive this year than it was last year offensively. They've won more days than they won last year at training camp.
"So, I am not down on the offense at all."
Neither is star cornerback Chris Harris Jr., who said, "Our offense is way better than they were last year, with Case under center. He's throwing great balls. He's had great accuracy all camp. He's improved from the OTAs. When I watch film, the (first) offense is doing something totally different than the (second) offense.
"It's like they're a level 10 and everybody else is a level way lower. So, Case and them are clicking right now and I expect them to put up points. I don't see anybody really just shutting them down with the receivers that we got, and our O-line is way better. So, I see them putting up points, at least 30 a game."
Keenum said he figures to get a better sense of the Broncos' offense once the preseason gets here and it's not just situational drills he's running.
The Broncos open their exhibition schedule Saturday night against Keenum's old team, the Minnesota Vikings, where Siemian is now backing up Kirk Cousins.
NOTES: In addition to C Matt Paradis (illness) and TE Jeff Heuerman (knee) http://www.officialbluejackets.com/authe...ard-jersey , LT Ronald Leary (knee) and DT Matt Gotsis (ankle) were held out of the scrimmage as a precaution.
Kirk Cousins says he is likely to wait until March for any possible negotiations with the Washington Redskins, indicating he would first make the team decide whether to apply a transition or franchise tag on him for the third year in a row.
Appearing at a fan forum aired live on 106.7 The Fan, the local radio station on which the quarterback makes weekly regular-season appearances, Cousins said Friday he believes the Redskins are ”all-in” on trying to sign him to a long-term contract.
”I see us taking our time. I see us waiting and being patient,” Cousins said.
”Let’s see what they do,” he added later during the nearly two-hour question-and-answer session. ”I don’t need to force anybody’s hand.”
He said his agent, Mike McCartney, counseled him to decline the team’s attempt to reach a lengthy deal late in the 2015 season, Cousins’ first as an NFL starter. Cousins also rejected the notion that there was any lingering hesitancy on the Redskins’ part about whether they wanted to try to keep him.
”I think they were all-in last summer,” Cousins said. ”I feel at peace about their belief in me and where they’re going forward from here.”
Washington went 9-7, 8-7-1 and 7-9 in Cousins’ three seasons as its starting QB after taking over for Robert Griffin III, the Heisman Trophy winner taken with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2012 draft. Cousins was picked in the fourth round that year out of Michigan State and began his pro career as a backup.
But under coach Jay Gruden, Cousins became the first Redskins quarterback to start all 16 games in each of three consecutive seasons. He topped 4,000 yards passing in each, while totaling 81 touchdowns and 36 interceptions.
After Cousins closed this season with a three-interception game in a loss to the New York Giants, Gruden offered a tepid assessment of the player earlier this week Taylor Gabriel Jersey , saying: ”When you’re 7-9, it’s hard to say, `Wow, this guy really was outstanding.”’
Cousins didn’t hide Friday that he was bothered by that, questioning whether it is proper to imply that the team’s losing record and its ”quarterback play are causally related.”
The 29-year-old’s status is the biggest question hovering over Washington’s offseason. He has played each of the past two seasons on a franchise tag – the first QB ever to be assigned that label twice in a row – and earned nearly $44 million in the process. The Redskins were not allowed to negotiate with Cousins during the season, but now that their games are done, they can make offers.
One option is an unprecedented third franchise tag, which locks him in at one more season with the club and comes at a prohibitive cost of about $34 million. Another option is a transition tag, which would be worth about $28 million, but would let Cousins entertain offers from other teams, while giving Washington the right to match.
If he is tagged yet again, Cousins said he anticipates that he would sign it right away, the way he did each of the past two years.
The sides also could try to reach an agreement for multiple years.
”There’s a part of me that would like to get settled,” Cousins said, adding later: ”You can only go year-to-year for so long.”

Minnesota Vikings Jerseys

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nditions Cheap College Basketball Jerseys gsnoopy520 0 447 05-27-2020, 02:35 AM
Last Post: gsnoopy520
  meats Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale gsnoopy520 0 443 05-27-2020, 02:25 AM
  So Wholesale Jerseys From China gsnoopy520 0 426 05-27-2020, 02:14 AM
  e day after day Cheap Jerseys gsnoopy520 0 451 05-27-2020, 02:04 AM
  involving tiny Cheap Wholesale Jerseys gsnoopy520 0 438 05-27-2020, 01:25 AM
  Don't Cheap Soccer Jerseys China gsnoopy520 0 621 05-27-2020, 01:17 AM
  llness occurs Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys gsnoopy520 0 475 05-27-2020, 01:10 AM