More questions
Obviously I have a focus on blogging as you can tell. I read that it is possible to buy a domain with a PR of say 3-4 or more and import my blogs onto it and maintain the PR. Would this be correct and does anyone have any experience doing this. I need at least a PR3.

Thanks
Hey Scalamedia

Yes you can buy PR websites and keep the PR.

The only problem is that it is easy to get ripped off.

1. The PR might be fake. As soon as you point it to your host's (Bluehost in your case) name servers, and google updates its PR, you will lose your PR.

2. The backlinks to the domain are what give it the PR that it has. If those backlinks are 'paid' or otherwise 'artificial', they may be removed and you will lose the PR within 3 months (again, the time for google to update PR).

If you are sure that you have legit PR, then it's a good idea. But keep in mind that there is always risk involved.

Zach
zach Wrote:Hey Scalamedia

1. The PR might be fake. As soon as you point it to your host's (Bluehost in your case) name servers, and google updates its PR, you will lose your PR.

2. The backlinks to the domain are what give it the PR that it has. If those backlinks are 'paid' or otherwise 'artificial', they may be removed and you will lose the PR within 3 months (again, the time for google to update PR).

Oooh, this is how they fake PRs. I've been wondering how scammers do it.

About number 1, how will that happen? And why would that happen :confused:
Fake PR is basically produced by pointing a domain to a site with high PR, and then masking the domain. Google will think that you site is actually a part / annex of the high PR domain, and will attribute the PR to your domain.

When you change the name servers of the fake PR domain, you will be moving the redirect away from the high pr site. After 3 months, when google has updated their PR 'databases', they will notice that the domain no longer points to the high pr site, and the pr will be lost.

hope that explains it.

for more info check out this thread:
http://www.domainsocial.com/search-engin...fraud.html

Zach
That's kinda complicated. But you're explanation is very clear and concise. I understand it completely. I'm not that domain stupid anymore..because of you! :-)

P.S. I'm so excited to buy new domains. This forum will make me a domain addict! I swear!
Thanks, as usual you cleared that up for me thanks again Smile
Quote:PR might be fake
I wonder how pr can be fake.
May be admin knows about it. What actually is fake pr?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Domain Questions KJCioffi 8 5,689 06-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Last Post: careca
  Views and Questions on Parked Domains - Your thoughts? insaneseb 8 5,455 10-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Last Post: DavidJames