My name is Ken and...
I am a domainaholic Big Grin
Hi, Ken, so am I...HELP!!!
Smile I'm in the domain name trend tracking game. However I'm a short term speculator rather than a long term player. Example: if a domain name trend I predicted doesn’t sell at my price after say 3 months then I offload the domain for about double what I paid just to get rid of it. What makes my position more difficult is that past trends haven’t taught me much. Example: I successfully scrambled to register crackedapps.com and hackedapps.com. I offloaded crackedapps.com for $100 soon afterwards but struggled to sell hackedapps.com even though type in traffic was identical. Now hackedapps.com has been up for sale for $19 for a while and still hasn’t sold. It was even listed with some other domains on a Sitepoint ad I ran. So the other day I saw a photo of a rally car flying in the air (not flying like an airplane but you know what I mean) on the cover of our local newspaper under the heading “Autobatics”, as in auto for car and batics as in acrobatics (a car doing acrobatics). And I was like what a spectacular name this domain must be worth a lot. I broke out in a cold sweat as I rushed to my computer to register it and autobatics.com was available!!! Now I’m struggling to sell it for $19!!! (19 is my favorite number).

Like I said I’m a short term speculator who prefers quantity rather than quality (hey I’m forced most of the good domains are taken). I’d prefer to move ten domains quickly at a profit of $50 each than struggle to sell a domain for a $500 profit, which ends up with me holding a lot of domains at a time. That’s how I became a domainaholic. My only cure: A crystal ball.
Hello Ken and welcome! Hope to see you around . . . Wink
Hi DomainAuctionsScript, thanks for the warm welcome, domainauctionsscript.com looks interesting. In fact I just did a post on the Domain Discussion section about how I prefer the Sedo marketplace format and see little value in scripts like DomainPortfolio.us other than to keep track of my domains. Post is here: http://www.domainsocial.com/domain-discu...#post16378
hi ken welcome to the forums
Thanks! cct5rb
anonymous?