Directory Sites - Worth to list your site for potential traffic in any?
Hello there! Would like to have a survey on those smaller directory sites out there :- Is it really worth the time and effort spend to submit your site(s) to them??

Really, I wonder how much traffic have your site(s) been able to get from these directory sites? Also, do they really help in improving your site's PR?Rolleyes
Hi,
i think every little bit of traffic helps.

use PR or alexa as a guide.
but factor in that organic traffic might not be reflected in those stats.

btw have you also considered press releases?
a lot of my contacts have used PR Web to good effect.

personally i feel that content is king.
if you have a really good content rich article/press release the take up rate will be good regardless of the size of the community.

if your content isn't as good, well...

also it pays to do yr keyword research beforehand, as it'll be used in the search function in the directory.

llegent Wrote:Hello there! Would like to have a survey on those smaller directory sites out there :- Is it really worth the time and effort spend to submit your site(s) to them??

Really, I wonder how much traffic have your site(s) been able to get from these directory sites? Also, do they really help in improving your site's PR?Rolleyes
Andrew is right, every little bit helps and you would be amazed at how many of the samller sites end up with great traffic.
It really depends on how much time you have to get them. I am not nearly as aggressive with directory links as I once was, because I did not see much luck just getting a mass of low pr links. I have found some good pr directories with a paid value and have had good luck with them.

i will still throw some out there, but I have so many sites, it can be a real pain.
I allot a few minutes every day to submitting links and posting on boards. I think it does help and the small effort builds up over time - just like compound interest!
That is a good point Paula. Anyone looking for a quick fix, though, might look for another business. For some sites I am just no reaping the benefits of link-building I did a year ago. It can be a long process, but overtime it is very beneficial.
According to me i will really helpful to get more traffic.
Every little thing is matter to improve alexa rank and to get traffic. So if you will give some time for directory sites, it will be helpful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What needs to be done on the site‘s structural optimization xiaolanzhuji 2 4,411 06-28-2022, 10:36 PM
Last Post: snisdift
  Any good SEO solutions for my friend's site? Lougalvi 4 1,548 06-28-2022, 07:51 PM
Last Post: snisdift
  How to boost the organic traffic..? crackersguru 6 2,653 04-22-2022, 06:06 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  What are the ways to improve your WordPress site’s speed? Glaceptra 3 2,418 01-20-2022, 05:46 AM
Last Post: harry_v
  What is the benefits of Directory Submission? tourexplo 4 2,265 11-13-2018, 04:59 AM
Last Post: Rachana006
  How to remove nofollow links from my site? MattHogan 0 1,293 10-25-2018, 07:48 AM
Last Post: MattHogan
  How can I get organic traffic to a domain? rikoy 12 10,368 02-22-2018, 05:34 AM
Last Post: michaeltim
  The structure of the site has been optimized to make it more reasonable xiaolanzhuji 0 1,646 02-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Last Post: xiaolanzhuji
  What is the site optimization process xiaolanzhuji 2 1,960 01-29-2018, 06:39 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur
  What process is needed to optimize the SEO optimization of self-service site xiaolanzhuji 1 1,647 01-22-2018, 10:09 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur