MySpace for marketing?
friendblaster adds lots of friends, but it's very easy to get banned.
As someone said earlier I think, it really depends on the audience you are trying to target. If you are selling to kids/teenagers, it can be a very good way of communicating and marketing although I'd always bombard them from different directions and not rely solely on My Space.
MySpace does seem like it's getting a little bit past its prime in a business sense. My band still uses our account but it seems like its mostly a communication tool and an easy way to link people to streaming music rather than a way to get noticed.
Something else to think about is the amount of advertising splattered all over, already.

Unless you buy an advertising spot, you will only reach a micron of the population without having to fight through all the flirting and bashing!

:whistle:
That's a good point. MySpace was very effective before but, like all social networking sites, once it became very popular it's almost impossible to get your page through amidst all the other advertising and such that is already going on. It is free though so there's not too much to lose by setting a page up -- I just wouldn't count on it as the primary way of advertising.
More age demographics are getting onto social networks like Friendster and MySpace but ultimately I think it's mostly teenagers and that age group that frequent it.
RFL1986 Wrote:More age demographics are getting onto social networks like Friendster and MySpace but ultimately I think it's mostly teenagers and that age group that frequent it.

When I have had accounts on social sites, I get a lot of useless messages, like "have a great weekend", with huge graphics that people love to play with. I just don't have the time or energy to sift through all of those.

Then, there are all the guys trying to find someone for little "online fun" that are just too irritating to mention. If I could find a decent social network that wasn't nearly as packed or flaky as MySpace, I might try again, but so far I haven't found anything.
Friendster is OK but was the predecessor to My Space which was the predacessor to Facebook. Facebook does not have as much advertising on it and does not really allow posting of as much music and stuff as My Space does. Most bands have a Facebook page though and that is a way to market. Personally, all the advertising and pop-ups on My Space have gotten to be too much so I don't use it anymore.
My Space might be helpful but I agree that it does not have to be the only place to advertise. Also it depends on your target market and what other tools are you thinking to use.
My first impression of myspace was that there were a lot of people who seemed to be trying to use it as a networking environment, but I wasn't aware of any of them who were having remarkable success.

I know someone who's on it as part of a longer term plan for when his product is released. Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Search Engine Marketing? Williamhawk 10 4,333 02-26-2018, 05:19 AM
Last Post: michaeltim
  double click marketing drnagwaniseo 3 2,192 12-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Last Post: virginoilseom
  Social Media Marketing Shortie861 8 4,695 12-11-2017, 04:53 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Email marketing Shortie861 6 4,239 12-11-2017, 04:52 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Social Network Marketing mom2manyboyz 14 9,139 11-11-2017, 09:30 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur