MySpace for marketing?
I didn't try out Myspace yet but heard it is of good help for people to gain traffic. I recently watched a show on television where an employer checked out the profile on MySpace and appointed an employee. This was unbelievable to me, so I need to check out once.
Myspace is great for bands but selling products and services is a mess. The sheer number of competing distractions makes it almost too cumbersome.
Yeah, it's not the worst idea to take the ten or fifteen minutes needed to set up a Myspace for selling or for business but I agree it could be too difficult to use it for that purpose. For bands and artists it's a great tool however.
My Space has a lot of trash on it that you have to weed through it. My husband has found some success using it to market his music and band but so has every other musician. There are better ways to market a band. My Space has become way over-saturated.
ammulu Wrote:I didn't try out Myspace yet but heard it is of good help for people to gain traffic. I recently watched a show on television where an employer checked out the profile on MySpace and appointed an employee. This was unbelievable to me, so I need to check out once.

Employers looking at Myspace pages isn't a good sign. This opens your time away from your job up to the same scrutiny you are subjected to while sitting in the office!
In the UK a number of train companies are now looking at using myspace as a new marketing tool. This may vary from discounts on tickets, marketing promotions and new types of tickets.
That sounds like a good idea. Younger folks are more likely to use the train than older people who have established themselves, and use their own vehicles for transportation.
SageMother Wrote:That sounds like a good idea. Younger folks are more likely to use the train than older people who have established themselves, and use their own vehicles for transportation.

It will be interesting to see if it is successful. When I first heard about it I thought it was a crazy idea, but as you say they would reach a younger audience. Maybe the age of myspace users will steadily increase too.
Although I do have a MySpace account, I really have not tried advertising there. My friend who's been very successful at it has been bugging me about it but I really do not have that much time to work on it. Besides, I have very few listed friends there so I do not really know if it will work for me. But it's always worth a try right? Take care!
dolce_vita78 Wrote:Although I do have a MySpace account, I really have not tried advertising there. My friend who's been very successful at it has been bugging me about it but I really do not have that much time to work on it. Besides, I have very few listed friends there so I do not really know if it will work for me. But it's always worth a try right? Take care!

Well, think about this: it is a free platform that can get you some exposure. And about having friends, just go around and look and try to get friends... that's the easiest part, I think.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Search Engine Marketing? Williamhawk 10 4,334 02-26-2018, 05:19 AM
Last Post: michaeltim
  double click marketing drnagwaniseo 3 2,192 12-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Last Post: virginoilseom
  Social Media Marketing Shortie861 8 4,695 12-11-2017, 04:53 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Email marketing Shortie861 6 4,239 12-11-2017, 04:52 AM
Last Post: sinelogixtech
  Social Network Marketing mom2manyboyz 14 9,141 11-11-2017, 09:30 AM
Last Post: saurabh mathur