Need advice for a shopping cart for e-commerce
Has anyone tried Bill Me Later? I have seen sites, usually with high end products, that offer this option.
SageMother Wrote:Has anyone tried Bill Me Later? I have seen sites, usually with high end products, that offer this option.

I haven't seen that. Do you know how it works, does it really take the payment later as the name suggests?
Thank you all very much, well it' seems that as an start paypal is a good option but taking into consideration security in the transaction.
In other forum people told me about oscommerce and joomla, anyone knows about them? I checked them very quicly and to be honest they seem a little difficult, but don't know if there's an easy way to them.
PayPal would probably be the best way to get started if for no other reason than that it's a trusted name with established security. Unfortunately I'm not well versed enough in having online stores to recommend anything else.
justontime Wrote:I haven't seen that. Do you know how it works, does it really take the payment later as the name suggests?

I don't know if credit is extended to the customer by Bill Me Later, or if you have to set up a merchant account similar to the process involved with Mastercard or Visa.

As I said, I have seen it on sites with expensive products so it maybe totally different from Paypal.
Bill Me later sounds a lot different than Paypal but it might be interesting to do a little more research about it to see how people see it, if they feel secure to use it, etc.
Buzz Wrote:Bill Me later sounds a lot different than Paypal but it might be interesting to do a little more research about it to see how people see it, if they feel secure to use it, etc.

I had a look at their website, it is very different to paypal and it does extend credit in certain circumstances. I wasn't clear exactly how it worked but it seemed to be mainly for bigger companies.
I've heard but I'm not sure that sometimes with paypal outside USA you can't take your money out, that you have to use it to buy things online but you will not receive your money unless you have an american bank account. Don't know if it was just someone with a bad experience with paypal time ago. Anyone know about it, for example in countries of Latin America can you take out your money in a local bank account?
Buzz Wrote:I've heard but I'm not sure that sometimes with paypal outside USA you can't take your money out, that you have to use it to buy things online but you will not receive your money unless you have an american bank account. Don't know if it was just someone with a bad experience with paypal time ago. Anyone know about it, for example in countries of Latin America can you take out your money in a local bank account?

I am in UK and I have no trouble at all with paypal. If someone pays me in a currency other than £'s I can hold a balance on my paypal account in whatever the other currency is but if I want to draw it out, I can get the money but I can only draw it in my own currency so you have to watch the exchange rate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  domain seller advice wanted rawjers.com afoodbook 10 8,512 03-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Last Post: DomainAuctionsScript