New Kid On The Block
Hello,
I guess I am now the newest noobie to Domain Social. Just wanted to introduce myself and kind of give you a heads up on where I stand with domaining.

I got interested in domaining 3 or 4 months ago. At the time I currently owned 7 or 8 domains that I had registered for other businesses that I had tried (I have been trying to make money online for 6 years, and I think I may have made somewhere around $50). After getting interested in domaining (and I do mean interested - I love it) and buying a few ebooks and trying to learn the ropes, I parked these currently owned domains with sedo. Of course, I made nilch. I think I only got about 3 click thrus.

OK. I regrouped, realized I needed domains with organic traffic (which to my understanding is the ONLY traffic you can have with a parked page), purchased another ebook on domain parking, and went on the proverbial search for keyword rich domains that already have high search volume and little competition. I actually found quiet a few in my two favorite niches, with search volume from 20,000 and up per month. I registered these domains and immediately parked them.(I now own 21 domains) I parked some at whypark.com, some at parked.com and some at sedo.com. I researched the keywords I used and placed only the high traffic and high paying keywords for optimization.

I have gotten absolutley no traffic in the month that they have been parked. I have made 15 cents (one of my old domains) in a month. I don't know what I am doing wrong. How long does it take to actually see some traffic? What is an average income for a domain per month (I understand about the cpc, but I'm sure someone can give me a ballpark figure.) I am so discouraged that I am ready to sell out and try something new.

(Oh, by the way, they are all parked at sedo at this time)

Any input will be taken seriously.
Kateedyd
Hello Kateedyd, I understand your frustration when it comes to cash parking. First, be patient waiting for your results. It sounds like you have done your homework well and if your keywords are solid, traffic will come. Have you rechecked your keywords since you did your original research? The search volumes can and will change over time. I do not believe that there can be an average income per month estimated on any domain.
If you have good keyword researched domains, I would recommend creating affiliate program sites. They will tend to do better than cash parking and you can drive traffic to your site.

Captain Dave

Free Domain Information
Thanks for your suggestion about the affiliate programs. I had already figured that out and used some of my domains for that, but still no traffic. Something is not right. If as many people are typing in or searching for that particular keyword (some of my domains have over 90,000 and 301,000 average per month with NO competition) then I should be seeing a little traffic. I've gotten zero. Not one. I have come to the conclusion that this business is not all it seems to be. It's really hard, and even though you have been very helpful, you are the ONLY one in this forum that has bothered to contact me. I appreciate you, but I'm out of here.
Hello again Kateedyd, I am sorry to see you have decided this forum is not for you. While it does seem to not be very active currently, unless you count the spambots Smile sometimes it takes a while to get people back into the swing of things. Traffic is something that takes time and patience to develop and there are so many methods to drive traffic to your sites. Perhaps you could let us know what domains you have for sale now that you are getting out of the business? I will agree that this domain business is tough.
Good luck in your adventures.

Captain Dave's Superb Domains
Captain Dave,
Good to hear from you again. I would be happy to tell you my domains I have for sale, but I understand that I can't do that in this forum until I have 15 posts. I'll never get that many posts with the traffic as low as it is in here. If you could send your email address or some other type of contact I will send them to you.
Also, I have posted them for auction on GoDaddy, Sedo, and DotPound. Do you have any other suggestions on where to sell them?
Kateedyd,
I am pretty easy to find although I do try to at least protect myself a little bit from the spambots. You may feel free to pm me if you wish.
As for domain sale sites, Sedo is one that I would highly recommend, but you might want to also check out:
Collisiondomains.com - I have not used this site, but it looks like a possible good site to try.
also make sure to read this:
http://mashable.com/2007/09/16/domain-toolbox/
Wishing you the best of success.

Captain Dave's Superb Domains
Hi Kateedyd,

First of all, I wish you luck with your domains. I hope you'll sell them properly.

I have my domains parked at Sedo. In my experience, I can say that some of them make a very interesting amount of money, but my advice is to buy ONLY good domains and park them, not just for that money. If they are good domains, sooner or later, some people can be really interested on them. Patience, that's the word, if you have good domain names all you need is a little patience. A good domain name is like real state. You also need patience here, if you own something of value.

Being a webmaster myself (and an artist), I run multiple sites and blogs. I've learned that a good domain is very important to any website or blog. So I own some good domains which a like very much; If I don't sell them properly, I'll use them in my new websites. That's very important: a good domain HAS VALUE, it is the equivalent of real state in the "real" world, as correctly experts say. And really good domains are very hard to find, so all we need is patience, if we really have very interesting domains.

Luck to you. My best wishes.
hi everyone!!!
I am also new domainer.. hope to know you all
hi everyone....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Kid on the Block byronpol 0 2,447 05-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Last Post: byronpol