Owen Wilson?
I didn't hear any news about Owen Wilson's suicide attempt today.

I suppose his publicist got things under control after the tabloids broke the story of his apparent attempted suicide.

I wish him the best.
I think that either way he should be left alone about it. For someone already suicidal, media coverage is not going to help them feel more like living.
The problem is that the media doesn't respect the privacy of the celebrities... I understand they need the public, but they too have a life and problems, and we shouldn't know anout their private lives the way the media does it.
Well they seem to be taking it in stride. So far they haven't been beating it to death.
Maybe they are leaving him alone because his people came out and said, "Yeah, he tried to kill himself...now leave him alone". They had no place to go with the story.

Damn vultures....
Regardless, I hope he is doing well and will able to continue his work in film he's a nut and I enjoy his wit.

Winlin
The press may have finally figured out they need to take that energy and use it to inform folks about what their government is trying to slip under the wires.

That deserves more attention.
Yes but it requires thought and neither the press or the general public want to think. They would rather deal with Paris Hilton...
Because so much of the "news" has become infotainment, I tend to get my real news online or by reading that darned news ticker that scrolls by at the bottom of the screen.

I MISS real news!