New here from Texas.
Hi,

I'm new to this industry and decided to get involved in after realizing there was money in it. For the passed 5 months I've sort of developed this thing for buying domain names just because I just liked the way certain names just roll off of my tongue. So if the name was available I'd buy it. I don't have many domains probably like 13 so far and looking to buy 5 more within the next few days for a couple of reasons beside my main reason for buying domains. So it's like I'm a domain name collector, if anything. Some of the domains I end up developing into actual sites slowly but surely. I don't rush in completing them because it's really just something I do to put my design skill to use and something I do when I'm bored. So it's a hobby.

Anyway, I was browsing other forums and the sections titled Domains Buy & Sell kept popping out at me. I never clicked on them to see what it was about because I kept thinking isn't that cybersquatting? But after a period of time just felt compelled to click on those links and read. So I did and that's when I was introduced to the fact that there is actually LEGAL money in buying and selling domain names. I even learned the difference between cybersquatting vs. domaining. I was like "WOW! Now isn't that something." I don't know if any of my already domain names will make anything but deliberately locating names to sell for a profit is something I am interested in learning from this point on out along with the other perks of the industry. I mean I'll still buy domain names just because I like them and not for the sake of selling them (that's just the collector in me -- hehe). But on the other side of the corn I will buy domains with the intent to sell. So I'll have the best of both worlds so to speak. Smile

Well look forward to learning the trade and putting it to some good use.

-Webbie81
Thank you Tater03 for the welcome and comments. Would be rather interesting if I pick up a hot one. hehe. Smile

EDIT: Well I just bought me five more domains names; just liked the sound of them. But think I'll look to develop them at some point.
Glad to have you aboard. I am new to this forum also and I am from Texas as well.
Hey Webbie

I already sent you a PM, but it's great to have you with us! It's pretty amazing that you would register domain names for fun. I also used to do that, but it was some time ago. That is definately the best way to get into the business: To find a way to monitize a passion. Good job Smile

I'm not from Texas, but I'll see you around all the same Smile

Zach
Thats great, and what fun. I do that myself all the time, but with a site in mind. I have 28 so far and a few that I let go. I do love coming up with that perfect domain name that mixes keywords with a catchy short phrase. I never thought about selling any either until i realized that some of them were worth money.

I wish you so much luck in your new endeavor, as well as my own!!!

PM me anytime, or let us know if you will be chatting (once we find a good time).

Thanks,
Trisha
Thanks Texan, Zach and Whatinspiresu for your comments. Since my last post I've bought like 4 or 5 more domains. I'm working on my blog and will post all of the domains I've bought on it. I need to read more into monetizing and such.

Wishing everyone the best.
webbie81 Wrote:Thanks Texan, Zach and Whatinspiresu for your comments. Since my last post I've bought like 4 or 5 more domains. I'm working on my blog and will post all of the domains I've bought on it. I need to read more into monetizing and such.

Wishing everyone the best.

Hi, What kind of domain names do you like? Some people like certain areas, like medical, legal, money, blogging whatever.

Me I am a whatever hits me at the moment. Smile

Hurgoll
whatinspiresu Wrote:I do love coming up with that perfect domain name that mixes keywords with a catchy short phrase.
Trisha

To me it is like a fun puzzle instead of work. To find the right mix of words is a bit of a kick.
Hurgoll Wrote:Hi, What kind of domain names do you like? Some people like certain areas, like medical, legal, money, blogging whatever.

Me I am a whatever hits me at the moment. Smile

Hurgoll

Me, too. Whatever comes to mind I go with. So far my domain names have something to do with graphics, music, social networking, classifieds/auction, psychology, web design and some miscellaneous. I've got part of my blog developed. You can see some of my domain names at by clicking here.
webbie81 Wrote:Me, too. Whatever comes to mind I go with. So far my domain names have something to do with graphics, music, social networking, classifieds/auction, psychology, web design and some miscellaneous. I've got part of my blog developed. You can see some of my domain names at by clicking here.

I like your site Blogging Bits, Good way to list your domains also.

Nice Going.