Newbie DavidJames
Hello,

I am brand new to domain selling. A couple of months back I bought some domains on godaddy thinking I was going to be rich, after some research, my bubble was busted and I forgot all about the domains. 2 months later, I received an email from somebody that found my domain name and wanted to buy them. I turned a $20 investment into $65. I was immediately hooked. I realized that at this moment, I may not make a million dollars with a domain name, but there is money to be made. Ever since then, I have been researching like mad. I'm still a bit weary of buying memberships at certain forums and all the other things for sale. I'm here to make money not buy expensive memberships.

I've gone down alot of winding roads career wise. Everything from the music business to investment planning. I have failed at both and am now in my mid 30's in a dead beat job. I am glad I have found domain name sales because I feel this is a business that has only scratched the surface on what is yet to come in the future. This is my big break. If anybody is willing to give advice or take a newbie under their wing, I would be eternally grateful.
Very interesting! What did you do in the music business? I know a friend who works in a record studio.

What happened to you with not being able to sell your domain right away probably did you some good! Obviously everyone wants to make a quick buck, but a lot of people expect to make a quick million dollars, and of course they dont make it. It's nice to know that someone new to this forum finally realises the right way to go about the domain business. I've had some of my domains for almost a decade now.. a decade is a bit long of a "quick" buck, but the "buck" can be a pretty big denomination!

If you want advice, just ask! People here (including myself) are always ready to answer interesting questions or help you out.

Welcome to Domain Social Smile

Zach
zach Wrote:Very interesting! What did you do in the music business? I know a friend who works in a record studio.

What happened to you with not being able to sell your domain right away probably did you some good! Obviously everyone wants to make a quick buck, but a lot of people expect to make a quick million dollars, and of course they dont make it. It's nice to know that someone new to this forum finally realises the right way to go about the domain business. I've had some of my domains for almost a decade now.. a decade is a bit long of a "quick" buck, but the "buck" can be a pretty big denomination!

If you want advice, just ask! People here (including myself) are always ready to answer interesting questions or help you out.

Welcome to Domain Social Smile

Zach

I use to work with an Entertainment Attorney and help as an assistant in managing bands. It was lots of fun, but once the glitz and glamour wore off, it was just another job that didn't pay well. I eventually moved on to manage my own bands, but after awhile me and the bandmates moved onto the 9-5 job and got comfortable with a steady paycheck.

I'm really excited about the domain name business. Of course I would love to sell the million dollar domain today, but at the moment I want to start out just making some extra money. When I sold my first domain, it took awhile because I didn't know how to sell it. I watched people on ebay sell their domains for very little profit. Somebody just ran into my website and offered me money for it. What are the odds of that happening? At first I thought he was pulling my leg, but once he sent the money via paypal I was so excited.
Welcome, David.

I was a working musician myself for 20 years and I still record and license some production music online.

I expect that your varied work experience will help you in your domain selling efforts.
tater03 Wrote:Yes, this is the forum to get alot of good information and help. I have found the people more than willing to answer any questions you may have.

Tater is right, the people on here are very helpful. But more than that they are honest. They are not just helping you, so that you buy domain names from them.

After you make a couple of more sales, you should get Zachs e-book.... Killer information.
My fiancee told me this morning that I'm a domain name junkie because all I've been doing is reading everything posted in this forum and other forums. I'm also looking into creating mini web pages for my domains to build traffic with banners and looking into buying expired domain names with traffic that has similar interests to my domains to try to forward traffic there.

I've bought a couple of ebooks before on the subject. One of them was a complete waste of money and the other one I bought was very informative.

I'd love to hear more about this ebook. Especially success stories...
I bought Zach's ebook and hours after receiving it I made a sale! I'm not making this up. It was literally hours later! I can't wait to use these techniques with better domains and bigger profits. Thanks Zach!
Hey David

Congratulations on getting the book! I'm really happy that you made another sale thanks to it. It's always a great feeling to sell a domain, and you never quite get used to it.

I'll reply to your private message here..

That's a nice amount of money to make that kind of domain. I see that you basically used the sales template from the ebook. Your message is perfect as it is.. and it served its purpose: to sell your domain.

So congratulations again!

Zach
Thanks again for all of your advice. I'm glad I found this forum.
This is useful place for just about any domain question you could have. From buying for yourself to buying to sell. That's why I stick around!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie chrishamilton2 6 5,233 09-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Harry14
  newbie helper27 2 3,474 09-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Last Post: madelinekim
  Newbie sohail 2 3,255 07-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Last Post: ramaboy
  Hello I am a newbie to this site bakaisco 2 3,365 05-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Last Post: nifty5
  Hello All, Newbie (Well Kinda) CincyDomains 0 2,779 01-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Last Post: CincyDomains