No longer allowed to smoke in France
Why don't they just ban smoking all together? hmmm........
When I think of France and no smoking the two don't agree. I think about World War II generals and soldiers of every nation who shed their blood to pay for the freedom. Do you know what those guys looked like? They wouldn't fit in your politically correct box, but I admire and respect them.
You are right, the two do not agree...lol.
I think the same rule is giong to be in Sri lanka as well.
Smoking is banned for ppl under 21. And this is going to increase.
FYI

What are the effects of cigarette smoking on cancer rates?
Cigarette smoking causes 87 percent of lung cancer deaths (1). Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in both men and women (3). Smoking is also responsible for most cancers of the larynx, oral cavity and pharynx, esophagus, and bladder. In addition, it is a cause of kidney, pancreatic, cervical, and stomach cancers (2, 4), as well as acute myeloid leukemia (2).
I found a joke too.
###########################

What is a Cigarette ?

Tobacco rolled in paper with fire on one end and an A?? on the other end.
Domain Croc,
Your numbers are wrong. All of them. But I know where you got them and how the numbers were arrived at.

For example, the 87% is gathered by the question of if the person who has lung cancer has ever been in the presence of someone who was smoking. Or if they ever smoked a single cigarette. Based on that, I'm surprised the number wasn't higher.

All of it originates from a study that was ruled a fraud in federal court because of how it was conducted. That has not, however, stopped people from citing it.
I quit smoking but I'll never quit frenching. The French have to learn to work there best qualities.
I remember when I went to Italy a few years back, I was smoking while standing at a coffee station...in the airport right next to my gate after I got off the plane. At the time, I remember thinking "GOD I love Europe!" LOL I still do. Even the old mom and pop greasy spoons where I live are becoming smoke free, and equivilant of hell freezing over. Wink
Gigi,
The next time I go home for a visit, you should come with me. There is smoking everywhere. Imagine...I have to leave America to find freedom!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  France Parliament shifts to open source software zach 5 4,284 12-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Last Post: echos