Partners?
Are most of pursuing this business independently or do some have partners? I think it would be easier to move forward more quickly with a business partner, especially and experienced one. Smile
I'm going at this solo, but with the snail's pace I'm going I don't know that an experienced business partner would have the patience for me anyhow.
You are probably right about me as well. I have so much to learn it wouldn't be much of a partnership. I would make a good trainee maybe?
I'm not sure what I'd have to offer a partner. I'm learning as I go, so I couldn't provide either money or experience. But I get lots of advice and information from the experienced folks in this forum. To me, that's better than trying to work with a partner.
Plumley Wrote:I'm not sure what I'd have to offer a partner. I'm learning as I go, so I couldn't provide either money or experience. But I get lots of advice and information from the experienced folks in this forum. To me, that's better than trying to work with a partner.

I agree! Why share your profits with someone if you can receive and share advice on Domain Social?
It never hurts to have a second brain involved, though. Sometimes someone else will think of something that wouldn't have occurred to the one, y'know?
Partner? For what exactly?
I run ideas by my husband occassionally, but I wouldn't say he's really a business partner.
I know of partnerships that have lasted and prospered and others that ended, sometimes not well. I'd say it has to be on a case by case basis and depends on both the people involved and the type of business. Having had a fairly good experience as a partner in a B&M store, I know the advantages. I don't see them coming into play in this business but that's just me.
I don't know...I wouldn't want to partner with a friend just in case the whole thing eventually goes sour.