Plagiarism
It is funny for me to read all those things about "right click"... I have an Apple, and there is no "right click" on this system! We just have one click botton, and works fine. we just have to go to menu or do the shortcuts on the keyboard.
Tater,
It's amazing isn't it? But then the lengths people will go to are amazing. I've even had an entire site copied!
Plagiarism is largely self-limiting, because enough accusations of it will get people very interested in the accusee. While it can sting if it happens to you, it can alsobe flattering in a way. Presumably your content is worth stealing, so you know it's good quality and will probably be consistent over time, whreas anyone who thinks it's okay to plagiarize would not have such strong skills in the first place.
geez, names should be fair game...
As an online writer I know that most clients want everything to be Copyscape tested before it's submitted. As far as I know Copyscape is one of the only real ways to combat internet plagiarism.
It's hard to imagine but it does happen which is ridiculous in itself. I've heard stories of blogs that just copy and paste other's articles and entries. I don't really understand why people think plagiarism is a good idea but it does happen quite often.
RFL1986 Wrote:As an online writer I know that most clients want everything to be Copyscape tested before it's submitted. As far as I know Copyscape is one of the only real ways to combat internet plagiarism.

It seems to me that it would get harder and harder to get past Copyscape since concepts invariably repeat themselves in large populations. There are aonly so many ways to describe the same thoughts!
That's very true but I think Copyscape tries to identity whole phrases and paragraphs lifted from another source. I'm not positive but that must be how it operates or else it would be impossible not to have 'plagiarized' articles.
I haven't use this Copyscape yet, but I am actually curious to see if someone is actually copying my stuff. Athough I guess not many people would really want to do so.
I wonder what motivates someone to steal content from another site. It seems so blatant, it is obvious that it is wrong and it is pretty certain that they will be found out, so what makes them put themselves in that position?