Plagiarism
So you are a writer berlinlife06. Maybe you can help me with writing ads. :-)

Anyway, what did you do after you found out?
The problem of plagiarism only follows the natural progression of writing on the internet. Its a topic that we would inevitably have to deal with eventually and I feel that there needs to be a governing body somewhere to take charge.
agent_orange Wrote:So you are a writer berlinlife06. Maybe you can help me with writing ads. :-)

Anyway, what did you do after you found out?

Yes I am a writer agent orange! When I found out, I called a friend who was living in Spain and asked her to buy or at least check out the book. She bought it and then she told me that it was quoted exactly the same way I had written it, and the author put my name there. I was happy to be quoted, but actually I didn´t have the rights for that article anymore, it was the magazine I wrote it for... And they DIDN´T get quoted. My editor pas not really happy, but I really didn´t care.
And about writing ads.... I could help you if you really need a writer and you are willing to pay for it... I can´t do anything for free anymore! LOL!
I think that anyone who plagiarism is very shameful and lacks the creativity. I am too creative and also open minded with thinking of new ideas to be copying from someone's work but I do get the inspiration from others.
dwalliz Wrote:I think that anyone who plagiarism is very shameful and lacks the creativity. I am too creative and also open minded with thinking of new ideas to be copying from someone's work but I do get the inspiration from others.

I am a firm believer that there is really nothing new under the sun that hasn't been written as a story, for example. But the originality of the work, even if is a story told a hundred times, it always can be slightly different! It's like writing a recipe for fried chicken: there are many ways to do it, but within 100 recipes, there are ingredients bound to be repeated, but one can always still be original! And that is important! To keep it original content, and if not, then at least quoting and giving proper credit to whoever deserves it!
if you have something written on paper that you wrote on the internet with the date etc..maybe you can..I was told if you want to copyright something simply put it in an envelope and mail it to yourself.
littlefranciscan Wrote:if you have something written on paper that you wrote on the internet with the date etc..maybe you can..I was told if you want to copyright something simply put it in an envelope and mail it to yourself.

Yes, that is the "cheap copyright" way to have some kind of registration of your work. Just make sure you seal the envelope and sign it on the places that could be open, to demonstrate that it hasn't been opened. And of course, once you receive it, DO NOT OPEN IT. In case that you have to prove you wrote something at a certain time and someone else copied, the judge will have to see the envelope sealed with the date of the Post stamp. But according to the international copyrights laws, the moment you put the © symbol with your name and year, it is already giving you the rights of the work to you. The registration is only to confirm it and to have the legal record that you are the author of that work.
Well I think that a simple © would do fine, although now a days no one respects the copyright law, people just copy stuff without any permission, they copy from a simple article to a DVD, games etc.. I don't think that this can be avoided in anyway.
When ever I write some thing I check it via copyescape before posting it to anywhere. I think this is the right way to aviod such misconducts
That is the correct way and legal way to do things. It is your writing, and I know that I wouldn't want anyone taking credit for the articles I spent weeks on.