Pop Up Ad Revenue
To add my two cents, I have used a pop up blocker for years now and I do think they are pretty common. Many business computers are set with a blocker on as a default as well. I don't the pop-ups are worth it anymore - I think one day they used to be lucrative and then the annoyance became too great.
Here's another thought....
What does this say about the product being advertised on the pop up?

A pop up ad basically forces someone to pay attention and, if that pop up doesn't belong to the website where it is being used, it is hijacking someone else's traffic!

Makes me think the product on the pop up is worthless!
The popup blocker on my computer is currently displaying "99 blocked."

I only allow a popup about once every couple months, if that.
You know, I never even read the pop up ads. I shut the screen as quickly as possible if they do pop up (if I set the blocker off for whatever reason).
SageMother Wrote:Here's another thought....
What does this say about the product being advertised on the pop up?

A pop up ad basically forces someone to pay attention and, if that pop up doesn't belong to the website where it is being used, it is hijacking someone else's traffic!

Makes me think the product on the pop up is worthless!

Very well put Sage Mother. I would never deal with a pushy salesman and in a way pop ups are intrusive just like a pushy salesman, if they don't respect me as a potential customer, it is a safe assumption that they would show even less consideration once they had my money.
justontime Wrote:Very well put Sage Mother. I would never deal with a pushy salesman and in a way pop ups are intrusive just like a pushy salesman, if they don't respect me as a potential customer, it is a safe assumption that they would show even less consideration once they had my money.

With this in mind, advertisers really should reconsider the wisdom of using pop-ups. The messages should be loud and clear that they are undesirable, and may hurt, rather than help, sales
One of the things I always try to incorporate as well is not having things on my site that I would hate to see somewhere else. Pop-ups are annoying to me so I wouldn't add them to my blogs or pages just because I know it can turn a lot of people off.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting revenue for ex-blog domains? llegent 21 11,705 11-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Last Post: nb621
  Adsense Revenue Sharing.. Against TOS? zach 12 8,402 09-14-2006, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Gurpartap
  Mass building of minisites targetting PPC revenue?? llegent 9 5,777 08-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Last Post: llegent
  Generating revenue for asia traffic? llegent 9 6,238 07-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Last Post: vicki2