Anyone Ever Get Accused of Cyber Squatting?
I just asked my partner who walked in for a minute if he knew about cybersquating, because I actually feel like LyricB, I would like someone to explain what it is, and he is just non stop laughing! I have no idea if he understood the term or what! Ok, he is German and might have understood something else... But he left and was still laughing going down the stairs, and didn´t give me an answer! I hope someone explains a little better. Thanks!
What exactly is cyber squatting..I never even heard of the term. I am imagining it's sitting on one site forever?
Well I can't find the words to explain this to you so I found out this definition for you:-

Cyber squatting - the practise of purchasing a domain name which could be expected to be required by another organisation. These are then typically offered at an inflated price to that organisation. Limited protection is available via trademarks. There is generally no protection against a person or individual purchasing a generic domain name e.g. english-weddings.co.uk | more info on Domain name disputes
tcm9669 Wrote:Well I can't find the words to explain this to you so I found out this definition for you:-

Cyber squatting - the practise of purchasing a domain name which could be expected to be required by another organisation. These are then typically offered at an inflated price to that organisation. Limited protection is available via trademarks. There is generally no protection against a person or individual purchasing a generic domain name e.g. english-weddings.co.uk | more info on Domain name disputes

Thank you so much!!! So I guess if I purchase something like "coke.de" it would be some kind of cyber squatting... See, I thought it was something completely different, but I guess those accused or cyber squatting, most likely thought of buying the domain well in advance! I wish I had thought of something like that! LOL!
Well I think that buying a domain in advance, I don't think that they can accuse you of something, but of course buying something like that would bring you a hell of a good amount of money Smile. But Cyber squatting has nothing to do with that.
Yup, I got it quite a few times. Intellectual property rights and non-invasive ownership FTW. [Image: 08040837089cdf46631a10aca5258e16.gif]