Richard Wood fires Rotherham back to
Paul Warne was happy as Rotherham’s fitness coach in November 2016, when he was persuaded to take over as manager, already the third of the season, to oversee their inevitable relegation from the Championship with some dignity. Not only did he manage that but after reluctantly accepting the role permanently, he has http://www.officialpacershop.com/authentic-4-victor-oladipo-jersey.html now taken them back at the first attempt, beating Shrewsbury 2-1 in the League One play-off final. [Image: bruins_012.jpg]“I’ll struggle to get a job as a fitness coach now,” Warne said afterwards. Not that promotion has entirely convinced him of his own abilities. “It was tough last year. I questioned myself no end of times. The chairman convinced me that I have the attributes to be a good manager. I still try to convince myself that most days.” The unlikely figure of Richard Wood was Rotherham’s hero, the captain and central defender scoring from two set‑pieces. The winner came in extra time, required after Alex Rodman had equalised Wood’s first‑half opener, a cruel blow to Paul Hurst and his Shrewsbury side. Tipped for relegation by many before the season started, Shrewsbury spent 200 days in the automatic promotion places before running out of steam and finding themselves in the play-offs. Objectively speaking this has been a brilliant season, but Hurst’s emotions afterwards were split. “My stomach’s telling me disappointment, my head’s telling me pride,” he said. “We wanted that fairytale ending but we didn’t get it.” Hurst has been linked with other jobs, and played a straight bat to those questions afterwards. Predictably the game started with the frantic energy of a Kenny Golladay Jersey six-year-old allowed outside after being locked in the house all day with a bottle of Ribena. Rotherham http://www.officialsanaheimducks.com/Adidas-Jean-Sebastien-Giguere-Jersey were awarded a penalty in the eighth minute, when Omar Beckles discovered putting Wood in a headlock was against the rules. David Ball stepped up but Dean Henderson, on loan from Manchester United and Shrewsbury’s best player on the day, dived right and saved. Beckles was lucky not to concede a second penalty for a virtually identical foul on the same player moments later. Perhaps he should have tried it again in the 32nd minute when Wood gave Rotherham the lead, rising above Beckles with brilliant purpose to head a Joe Newell corner down into the ground then up into the roof of the net. “I saw my kids crying in the stands,” Wood said afterwards. “That’s what it’s all about.” A moment of excellence totally out of step with their general performance drew Shrewsbury level after half-time. Shaun Whalley played a short free-kick from the edge of the area to Matt Sadler, he sharply flicked it to Rodman who jabbed home from six yards. It was as brilliant and smart as it was unexpected. Rotherham, hitherto so sparky, seemed to lose their momentum, and Shrewsbury could not press home their advantage: thus, for the remainder of normal time, the teams circled each other like tired boxers waiting for the other to throw the next punch. As the clock ticked down, weary limbs and minds in the baking heat would only allow sporadic bursts of attacking. Hurst, while not trying to make excuses, said it was “a bit of a farce, almost” that a whole season could come down to two Grady Jarrett Jerseyshattered teams dragging themselves around Wembley. And it’s tough to argue with him. Both teams were so exhausted when extra time arrived that a mistake was inevitable, and it came in the 103rd minute. Newell skimmed a free-kick to the back post, and there was Wood again, entirely unmarked to toe-end the ball just – just – into the corner. “It’s the first time he’s scored twice in a week,” Warne said, when it was pointed out that Wood had never managed two before. “Including training. I call him ‘the wrecking ball’, because whenever the ball goes in the box he’s prepared to head people to get it in the goal.” The wrecking ball cleared a path for Rotherham to immediately return to the Championship, quite an achievement considering they went down last season with only 23 points. The reluctant manager will have to go on for a bit longer now. wholesale nfl jerseyswholesale jerseys cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reigning champion Leigh McMillan will be back at chitianshi520 0 1,078 04-03-2019, 08:11 AM
Last Post: chitianshi520
  It will be tough and the Russians will come back chitianshi520 0 1,192 03-06-2019, 05:24 AM
  back your life is the revolutionary co chitianshi520 0 816 10-08-2018, 01:18 AM
  J.R. Richard Jersey douhua2233 0 1,029 07-26-2018, 06:24 AM
Last Post: douhua2233
  back as happy in a gallery as xiaolan 0 1,204 06-12-2018, 07:35 AM
Last Post: xiaolan
  Antoine Griezmann fires Atlético xiaolan 0 1,349 05-18-2018, 07:58 AM
  The Titans probably will want to trade back if the board lucky 0 1,393 04-26-2018, 02:40 AM
Last Post: lucky
  back to their best against Roma xiaolan 0 1,257 04-24-2018, 07:43 AM
  We're back! zach 0 2,095 03-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Last Post: zach
  back to normal zach 3 16,780 10-09-2013, 04:06 AM
Last Post: smile99